Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Driving - who do you prefer in the driver's seat? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Say you're with a member of the opposite sex, particularly if you are gf+bf... And say there is a choice of who drives- it's not dependent upon whose car it is or who's insured on it.

Guys, would you mind, or even like, your girlfriend driving the car? Or would you prefer to be the one driving?
    And girls, would you mind driving your boyfriend around? Or would you prefer your boyfriend driving you around?

I don't mean this to be about whether you'd let them drive or not because of their actual driving/handling of the car... I mean it to be about how it makes you feel.

Like, I'm guessing boys would prefer to drive because they'd feel more manly than they would if their girlfriends were driving? And I'm guessing girls would prefer to have their boyfriends drive them around because it feels nice?

Just curious

ReputationRep:
    I'd personally want to do the driving because i like driving, of course, if she wants to thats fine by me, i'm not too fussed tbh.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I would drive because i just prefer it especially if its a long journey as being in the adjacent seat gets boring after a while.

ReputationRep:
    I love driving. My boyfriend doesn't drive yet, and I'm essentially his taxi service, but I like it that way.

I'd still want to drive my car as much as possible when he finally can drive.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl, and hate being a passenger. I drive. NO-ONE drives my car but me and if its possible to win the argument, I'll insist on driving everywhere. Ever since I learned to drive, I can't stand being in the passenger seat. I love driving, and really don't trust anyone else at the wheel. Except my dad perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    I'd always want to be the one driving. Even if the other one is a perfectly capable driver I feel much safer being the driver.

ReputationRep:
    Well atm I drive and my boyfriend doesn't, so obv I do all the driving.
    When he learns though tbh we'd both probably be fine with me doing the majority of the driving, as he is a lazy person.

ReputationRep:
    I would rather be the passenger, mainly because I be playing the music I like on the stereo,relaxing & cracking jokes, while she concentrates on the road,I can also get blind drunk & not worry about driving

ReputationRep:
    both me and my bf drive and have our own cars. i love driving myself but when its the two of us i prefer him driving coz hes so much better than me! especially at parking lol. but we tend to share the driving otherwise one person will spend more on petrol etc. he likes being able to pick me up and take me places but i dont mind either way

ReputationRep:
    tbh i prefer driving because i like it and i'm not drinking at the moment so it makes sence

ReputationRep:
    I would rather drive, like being in control...hate being given lifts!

I much prefer to drive whether the other option is a member of the opposite sex or not, but if the other person really insists on driving I'm not going to argue about it unless they're genuinely bad at it to the point that it feels unsafe. I also have a nicer car than most people I know so it makes more sense to take mine.

ReputationRep:
    Currently I'm a learner driver, and my boyfriend has his own car, so, naturally, he drives.
    But thinking about it, I'd love to be able to drive him about. Not too sure if he'd want to though xP
    It's nice to chillax as the passenger but I do like driving (:

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't care less, it doesn't make me 'feel' anything either way.

ReputationRep:
    If it's a fast interesting road, then I'd prefer to drive. If it's some boring city driving, I'd prefer somebody else to drive. If it's motorway driving, then share the burden.

I really don't mind being driven by anybody, so long as they are competent and I don't feel as if they're going to kill us.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy driving so like to drive where possible. But if we're in a rush or going somewhere I've never been then I'm quite happy for him to drive as it's just easier and he doesn't have to sit there directing me and he drives quicker than me (without speeding or being dangerous).

ReputationRep:
    Me, it's demeaning and embarrassing to be driven around by a girl.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.