Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pixie Lott performed at my school today Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachesishere)
    Cool (: I don't like Pixie Lott but i was surprised when i heard her sing live before (on tv :L)
    Why did she go to your school? (:
    The Lost Prophets played in a school near me once, shame i didn't go theree.
    Because she's part of a scheme to get kids involved with music and she lives opposite my school and grew up in Brentwood (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nico_SU)
    The best I have ever seen live where Basement Jaxx and Calvin Harris, they were both amazing. Basement Jaxx inparticular gave me a massive shock
    Ha they gave my cousin a shock too when we saw them at Creamfields - but I'd seen them live on tv (if you get what I mean) before, so kind of had an idea as to how they perform. I love watching Beyonce live, would go to see her in concert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    why on earth did she come to your school?!

the only "famous" person who ever came to our school was the drummer from status quo...
    Snap, it would seem he got around quite a lot..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    Snap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    Hearing Amy Lee live was like being strangled to be honest. She's alright on disc but live she's worse out of tune, no controlled breathing techniques, screechy. Same as La Roux.
    I don't think so. I saw La Roux live a few months and her voice was amazing.

Just because you don't like that particular voice does not mean that she cannot sing well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunpro)
    I don't think so. I saw La Roux live a few months and her voice was amazing.

Just because you don't like that particular voice does not mean that she cannot sing well.
    She wasn't good for us who saw her. A couple of people walked out 'cause of it.

Just 'cause she may have performed well or in key for you doesn't mean she does for every gig.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccioJellyBean)
    Ohcool, what school are you at?
    Emerson Park, do you know it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ears)
    Emerson Park, do you know it?
    Yeah I've heard of the area (: Ahh I swear I know someone who goes there, I just can't remember who it is, how annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    hahahaha! well i am essex and you are norfolk. it's clear to see he toured east angular :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    Haha, same! Not even the current drummer! Did he do some drumming workshop with you?
    he wasn't the current drummer either!
    uhmmmm i can't remember now, it was primary school!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've heard of the area (: Ahh I swear I know someone who goes there, I just can't remember who it is, how annoying
    Tell me if you remember

ReputationRep:
    Because she's part of some scheme to get kids involved in music and she lives opposite my school so she came

Hahaha he came to my school a couple of years back too!!!
    whereabouts in essex do you live??!

ReputationRep:
    whereabouts in essex do you live??!
    Ongar but my school's in Brentwood. Why? Do you live in Essex too?

ReputationRep:

the only "famous" person who ever came to our school was the drummer from status quo...
    Consider yourself lucky, we got derek from big brother

ReputationRep:

Bloody hell, we had him too!
    He was weird...

EDIT: AND I'M FROM ESSEX!

ReputationRep:
    Ongar but my school's in Brentwood. Why? Do you live in Essex too?

yuuuup i'm an essex girl i live on the right other side of essex though... am a colchestarian :cool:

ReputationRep:
    yuuuup i'm an essex girl i live on the right other side of essex though... am a colchestarian :cool:
    Oh right cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Ha they gave my cousin a shock too when we saw them at Creamfields - but I'd seen them live on tv (if you get what I mean) before, so kind of had an idea as to how they perform. I love watching Beyonce live, would go to see her in concert.
    Yeah Creamfields is where I saw them last year. I was only really fussed with Calvin and Dizzee but stuck around to see Basement and they blew us all away, they were amazing. So much variety and so much going on in each song - it was fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    Because she's part of a scheme to get kids involved with music and she lives opposite my school and grew up in Brentwood (:
    Why did this never happen when I was at school?

ReputationRep:
    I like Pixie Lott- although she seems away with the fairies most of the time (pun uninteded :P).

Shes like a dumbed down British version of Lady Gaga..unfortunately nowhere near as talented :/*

*inc Lady Gaga hate- I will say Im not a huge fan of pop music at all, but I do think, crazy as she is, she is talented. Pixie is too. Fire away.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.