Turn on thread page Beta

Pixie Lott performed at my school today watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    I agree with Basement Jaxx but Calvin Harris, really ? I've only seen him at Shindig in Newcastle so he wasn't singing but he didn't even want to use his voice on his latest album because he admitted he can't sing. In the end he just heavily edited using autotune which is why i'd have thought he would be really poor live.
    Nah he was really good. For a wet afternoon at 4pm he really got the crowd going and played his set in a perfect order (some acts play the back end of the album songs first, but he mixed it all up and didn't miss anything out). He definately was singing at Cream - the improvisation in the songs were proof enough and he was really good.

His DJ sets at clubs are second to none as well. He was at Syndicate in Blackpool on Boxing Day and it was great

(Original post by mau5)
    I agree with Basement Jaxx but Calvin Harris, really ? I've only seen him at Shindig in Newcastle so he wasn't singing but he didn't even want to use his voice on his latest album because he admitted he can't sing. In the end he just heavily edited using autotune which is why i'd have thought he would be really poor live.

I hope your not saying that's a bad thing ? Tall girls are the best!
    I love tall girls, I'm 5'7 and a half :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yooth)
    Mm Shenfield, and why did you only do French AS there? I handed my application form in for their sixth form today!
    Because my school didn't run French AS as only 2 of us wanted to do it so we collaborated with Shenfield because they only had 2 students too. Oooh nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccioJellyBean)
    Because my school didn't run French AS as only 2 of us wanted to do it so we collaborated with Shenfield because they only had 2 students too. Oooh nice!
    Ah right, that's the 'Brentwood Consortium' isn't it? I'm thinking of doing that with Computing. Do you have to mix with the group from the other school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yooth)
    Ah right, that's the 'Brentwood Consortium' isn't it? I'm thinking of doing that with Computing. Do you have to mix with the group from the other school?
    Yep you do. Tbh I really wouldn't recommend doing a collaborated subject, it was a nightmarish system that really didn't work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nico_SU)
    Nah he was really good. For a wet afternoon at 4pm he really got the crowd going and played his set in a perfect order (some acts play the back end of the album songs first, but he mixed it all up and didn't miss anything out). He definitely was singing at Cream - the improvisation in the songs were proof enough and he was really good.

His DJ sets at clubs are second to none as well. He was at Syndicate in Blackpool on Boxing Day and it was great
    It was on soccer am where he was saying this like so maybe he was just being modest. You must be used to a poor standard down blackpool though, his set at shindig was the worst i've heard far too heavy and boring luckily Yousef came on after him and smashed it! That was back in 08 though so maybe he has upped his game since then, there's no doubting his producing abilities though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    I love tall girls, I'm 5'7 and a half :yep:
    Good! But I think you may have to try and find an extra half inch to be classed as tall by the mau5. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Pixie is reallly bad nowadays. Her vocals are strained to the max. Did you watch her performance on JR? =/

(Original post by mau5)
    Good! But I think you may have to try and find an extra half inch to be classed as tall by the mau5. :cool:
    :sad:

ReputationRep:
    You poor thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    5'10 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    :sad:
    You know I would have made an exception for you but you didn't put me on your list to rep! Is my rep not good enough for you ? :woo:

(Original post by mau5)
    You know I would have made an exception for you but you didn't put me on your list to rep! Is my rep not good enough for you ? :woo:
    You've never repped me until now :p:
    Your on my list now:yep:

ReputationRep:
    You've never repped me until now :p:
    Your on my list now:yep:
    I'd check your rep history If I were you, I think you'll find that was the second time! Don't worry I won't make you apologise when you realise you are wrong, you can be quiet about the forced rep though haha keep up that sort of attitude and it will be a neg next time girl.:dry:

What is the sign on your hand ? I thought it looked like the David Blaine eye of protection but I fear it is infact something much less impressive.

ReputationRep:
    Legs. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    I'd check your rep history If I were you, I think you'll find that was the second time! Don't worry I won't make you apologise when you realise you are wrong, you can be quiet about the forced rep though haha keep up that sort of attitude and it will be a neg next time girl.:dry:

What is the sign on your hand ? I thought it looked like the David Blaine eye of protection but I fear it is infact something much less impressive.
    Leave the poor girl alone will you! :o:

(Original post by mau5)

Oh I hit a raw nerve :p:

It's a heart shape, because I love myself

ReputationRep:
    The singer from Passion Pit sounds TERRIBLE live, I guess it must be heard to sing so highly pitched when not in a studio but still ... I was expecting better.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I hit a raw nerve :p:

I'll use this oppurtunity to admit I was wrong and apologise, you did infact rep me twice and I have embarassed myself for suggesting otherwise.

It's a heart shape, because I love the MAU5
    It's ok.

(Original post by mau5)
    It's ok.
    Odd edit :p: You already have a love interest with someone on TSR :p:
    You TSR cheater :eek:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.