Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've never bought any clothes off the internet before so was just wondering if anyone has any advice i.e. good places (I'm male, just so you know), whether sizes are different etc.

My main question though is are you able to return it easily if it doesn't fit or if you don't like it?

I have to go quite far to get to decent shops and a lot of it is luck and I've been searching around on the internet and finding some nice things so just want a bit of reassurance really before buying anything :p:

ReputationRep:
    The vast majority of high street shops, so topshop/burtons etc all have online stores as do the departments stores such as house of fraser, debenhams etc and these are all absolutely fine to buy from, as they are reputable firms, i shop online all the time from them! Size wise, well its the same stock as in the shops so sizes are identical! Same with online shops of certain designers like hilfiger or diesel etc ... i am particularly fond of hilfiger, i wish it was cheaper!

If you shop from e-bay or online websites that arent linked to a shop or a brand then thats when you need to be a bit more careful for dodgy sellers, I tend to avoid it, but so long as a seller had 100% rating on ebay it tends to be ok! Be careful for fake websites for clothes like abercrombie or any higher end designer brand, there are a lot of fakes out there ... if you are unsure ask on here for peoples opinion! And you can usually tell, for example, if you can get an abercrombie hoody for £40 then its unlikely to be the real thing, as there hoodies are at least £60 in the shop!

So basically, just shop from brands official websites or from high street stores online shops!

in terms of returns, it depends on the shop, but many do free returns from the post office so you can send the item back for free if you dont like it (you dont have to give a reason) but some companies do charge ... but thats usually to keep clothing costs down for all those people who dont ever return anything! Just check online for their returns policy!

Dont worry about shopping online, its perfectly safe your credit/debit card should have a protection scheme on it (you'l find when you get to the 'checkout' and process the payment, a page will pop up from your bank asking you to register with either visa or mastercard protect ... it helps keep your money safe

It depends on the shop as to there returns policy! All shops will allow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyy13)
    The vast majority of high street shops, so topshop/burtons etc all have online stores as do the departments stores such as house of fraser, debenhams etc and these are all absolutely fine to buy from, as they are reputable firms, i shop online all the time from them! Size wise, well its the same stock as in the shops so sizes are identical! Same with online shops of certain designers like hilfiger or diesel etc ... i am particularly fond of hilfiger, i wish it was cheaper!

If you shop from e-bay or online websites that arent linked to a shop or a brand then thats when you need to be a bit more careful for dodgy sellers, I tend to avoid it, but so long as a seller had 100% rating on ebay it tends to be ok! Be careful for fake websites for clothes like abercrombie or any higher end designer brand, there are a lot of fakes out there ... if you are unsure ask on here for peoples opinion! And you can usually tell, for example, if you can get an abercrombie hoody for £40 then its unlikely to be the real thing, as there hoodies are at least £60 in the shop!

So basically, just shop from brands official websites or from high street stores online shops!

in terms of returns, it depends on the shop, but many do free returns from the post office so you can send the item back for free if you dont like it (you dont have to give a reason) but some companies do charge ... but thats usually to keep clothing costs down for all those people who dont ever return anything! Just check online for their returns policy!

Dont worry about shopping online, its perfectly safe your credit/debit card should have a protection scheme on it (you'l find when you get to the 'checkout' and process the payment, a page will pop up from your bank asking you to register with either visa or mastercard protect ... it helps keep your money safe

It depends on the shop as to there returns policy! All shops will allow
    Thank you very much, vey helpful I will rep you in about 35 minutes :p:

ReputationRep:
    I buy most of my clothes over the internet and it just depends on the site. Some of them are very reliable and send items quickly and are fine with returns and sizes just depends on the makes. I got a size small top and instead of being normal small, it was more like a size 6, so I ended up getting a large which fit perfectly...I really wouldn't say I'm a large. Just find a site you like and order from it, if you have no problems order again when you want.

ReputationRep:
    A number of the high street online sites will let you return it to the store, if that's less hassle to you.

I usually buy online, try it then either keep it or return it by going to the store.

ReputationRep:
    Well, online shipping gives us a lot of convenience and help and for most time, we can enjoy more discount. If you would like to buy your clothes online, you are advised to be familiar with your size. That is good for you to pick up the right one. I have no idea whether you prefer some good quality replicas. If do, I have some site to recommend. xpreplica.com is such a good site that enables us to enjoy a wonderful shopping experience with considerate customer services

ReputationRep:
    Good online clothes shops for BLOKES

All Saints
    ASOS/
    BigBadBuffalo
    Blue Inc.
    Fashion Union
    Koodos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lattywatty)
    Hey I've never bought any clothes off the internet before so was just wondering if anyone has any advice i.e. good places (I'm male, just so you know), whether sizes are different etc.

My main question though is are you able to return it easily if it doesn't fit or if you don't like it?

I have to go quite far to get to decent shops and a lot of it is luck and I've been searching around on the internet and finding some nice things so just want a bit of reassurance really before buying anything :p:
    www.asos.com is the best online clothes website It has like a variety of different designers (e.g. FCUK, Ted Baker etc) and then their own designs as well, which resemble those that the celebs wear... It's a pretty good site! Clothes sizes are the same on there as they are in the shops for women, so I assume it's the same for men!

Also, they've just started a new free returns policy, which is awesome! Very easy to return and they send out a replacement straight away if anything is faulty. They're definitely very professional!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I haven't bought clothes from the internet very often mysel, but other members of my family have done so frequently. I never find exactly what I'm looking for in the stores and found it easier to find these things online, so I tried it (can't tell you about the outcome yet, the clothes should be here on Monday ). I don't know about English stores, but on the rare occasion that I did buy clothes online both in America and Germany there were very precise measurements given. When I try on Jeans in the store they always are a wrong size or too long/short at first and it takes me a while to find the right one. They would fit much better when I ordered them online.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.