Turn on thread page Beta

What to do in clubs?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I wasn't sure where to post this, but anyway...

I don't know what to do when I actually get to a club! I just feel soo awkward. Is it just me?! (Even after like 3 cocktails I still don't manage to get remotely tipsy)

I'm an awful dancer (oo could anyone tell me what sort of moves to do in the dancing department?)
    and usually I go with female friends who gradually kind of disappear off with boys... and then i sort of get stranded and eventually kind of meander around where everybody seems to be coupled up!! (sometimes i have a gal pal who stays with me but other times its so scary help mee)

What do I do? Is there some sort of ritual like am I supposed to kind of give people the 'come-over-here' look or something?! HELP!!! (Going clubbing next weekend could use some guidance pronto)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supergirl182)

I don't know what to do when I actually get to a club! I just feel soo awkward. Is it just me?! (Even after like 3 cocktails I still don't manage to get remotely tipsy)

I'm an awful dancer (oo could anyone tell me what sort of moves to do in the dancing department?)
    and usually I go with female friends who gradually kind of disappear off with boys... and then i sort of get stranded and eventually kind of meander around where everybody seems to be coupled up!! (sometimes i have a gal pal who stays with me but other times its so scary help mee)

What do I do? Is there some sort of ritual like am I supposed to kind of give people the 'come-over-here' look or something?! HELP!!! (Going clubbing next weekend could use some guidance pronto)

Drink about 8 pints or 8 shots before you go out, thne go some bars, drink a bit more, thne you will be fine!

ReputationRep:

the trick is to get tipsy/slightly drunk before you go into the club so when you get in there you have one or two drinks and your merry. then u dont care about your dance moves you just enjoy yourself. so find somewhere nice to get drunk before you go to clubs hope you have a good time next time

ReputationRep:
    LOL to be fair..once pissed, bad dancing is considered legendary...but just try to enjoy yourself in whatever way possible..maybe start your own migraine skank..

ReputationRep:
    'come-over-here' look is more to do with your hands and legs...
    eye contact + open legs wide + rub nether regions

drink until you dont care anymore
    dont care as in, dont care about anything anymore anything at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neomilan)
    drink until you dont care anymore
    dont care as in, dont care about anything anymore anything at all

haha love it

anybody ever had those slippery nipple shots?(sambuca and baileys) also get me very very drunk

ReputationRep:
    Clubs don't interest me, as the men in them are mainly vile buffoons, and the womyn cheap whores.

I'd imagine that you'd just do what you feel comfortable with though; be it drinking or dancing.

(Original post by sunpro)
    Clubs don't interest me, as the men in them are mainly vile buffoons, and the womyn cheap whores.
    Such a shame we don't all share the same refined views as your right honourable self.

ReputationRep:
    stand in the corner with a pint and cotton wool in my ears, observing.

******* hate clubs.

ReputationRep:
    You're obviously going to **** places then :rolleyes:
    Some clubs/bars/raves are great.

ReputationRep:
    Drink before you go out and drink your drinks quickly when you get in. Never tried cocktails but I had 3 double vodkas before we left for the club, and then 3 or 4 quite close to each other in there and it worked a treat

ReputationRep:
    i happen to be very polite thank you very much... just lots of girls turn out to be gay...wait

OP don't worry about dancing some people were born with it, i was not, grab a guy and let him do the work. Then you find that he cannot dance and a drinkg game is next... then drunkeness... :sexface: you should come out with me

ReputationRep:
    Clubs don't interest me, as the men in them are mainly vile buffoons, and the womyn cheap whores. How sweepingly generalistic of you... Not everyone should be tarred with the same brush - but typically, in the clubs I've been in, this has unfortunately been the case!

I'd imagine that you'd just do what you feel comfortable with though; be it drinking or dancing.
    OP: Don't do things that make you uncomfortable, if you don't like clubbing; then it's not for you - whats the problem with that? Not everyone has to like it. It's fair to see why many people don't. I personally can't stand clubs, and only go if my close friends ask me to. They in turn, then like to go to quieter pubs with me on occasion.

Why not get in touch with your friends and arrange a quieter get together?

ReputationRep:
    Get your tits out and nobody will care about your lame dancing or awkward demeanor. True fact.

ReputationRep:

Bless you! I'm the same. Although I do get very drunk and my friends have a hard time handling me so they get annoyed as i've been chucked out the odd time.

I vaguely remember shaking my hips and jumping/leaping on people. Not good, i've been avoiding clubs for the past couple of months. I'm too embarassing!

Ah insecurity...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YellowDucksOnBlueSocks)
    Bless you! I'm the same. Although I do get very drunk and my friends have a hard time handling me so they get annoyed as i've been chucked out the odd time.

I vaguely remember shaking my hips and jumping/leaping on people. Not good, i've been avoiding clubs for the past couple of months. I'm too embarassing!

Ah insecurity...
    :five: I knew it wasn't just me!

I'm yet to be thrown out of anywhere.. But there's still plenty of time. I am horrendously embarrassing when drunk in clubs, and the worst thing is, people always say that I 'seem' sober - purely because I don't often fall over/stagger around. So not only do I behave like an idiot, they assume it's me and not the alcohol. Lovely. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Clubs are a waste of time, trust me...

ReputationRep:
    I find that dressing in a certain way can get you more attention. Like shorter skirt, lower tops. You can't go wrong, honestly. You could have **** smeared all over your face but if you look cheap you're in.

ReputationRep:
    I think your problem is that you're waiting for the fun to come to you when you should try and make an effort to enjoy yourself and have a good time! trust me, just getting drunk doesn't make it fun if you don't have the right mindset. Try to smile more and this will make you feel happy, don't be afraid to do silly things or whatever you come up with, don't be so serious just have a good time and it wont be awkward!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.