Turn on thread page Beta

What to do in clubs?! watch

ReputationRep:
    You sound very insecure.

If you're **** at dancing who cares, everybody is normally too drunk to notice or care anyway.

If you don't feel comfortable though just get smashed so you don't care yourself, first time i ever danced was awkward but now it's just fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blinkers..)
    I find that dressing in a certain way can get you more attention. Like shorter skirt, lower tops

Also works for lads but it may be the wrong type of attention.

ReputationRep:
    2 step

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blinkers..)
    I find that dressing in a certain way can get you more attention. Like shorter skirt, lower tops. You can't go wrong, honestly. You could have **** smeared all over your face but if you look cheap you're in.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    You aren't drunk enough, thats your problem. You need to be absolutely plastered by the time you get to the club :-P

ReputationRep:
    @OP

I feel exactly the same way in clubs. I just dance like a fool and try to stay with my friends. when they ditch me for a girl though I feel ****. I hate the idea of being a letch and trying to hit on a girl. I've given up trying to look for a girl in a club they definately aren't likely to be my type. I end up just feeling like a fool being ditched by my friends.

ReputationRep:
    5-8 shots of any spirit (s) and your good to go!

ReputationRep:
    If you feel arkward you haven't drunk enough yet!

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol, alcohol, alcohol!

ReputationRep:
    I have been in the UK since 2007, but never been to a club. I would like to try it but I have no friends who go clubbing so I don't know what to do

Hang around the bar, i'll pick you up on my refill after I've been slapped across the face.

What about those who don't enjoy drinking? Just a thought, seeing as every answer on here relates to alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    xD You just described exactly what happens most times when I go to clubs. I feel awkward, friends bugger off with random guys, I stand there feeling stupid and just... wander around, get accosted by sleazy people, brush them off and then I go home early. xD

I've found it really comes down to who you're with - I don't drink a lot of alcohol (and it takes a lot to get me drunk, so I don't really bother), but if you're with people who are fun to be around (and who don't bugger off with random guys), it really doesn't matter how drunk they are or you're not - you can have fun anyway, and it becomes easier to let go of your inhibitions and have a good time even if you're not drinking. So... find better people to go clubbing with? xD

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, i felt really awkward when i first came to uni because I'd never been clubbing before (august birthday + club with over-zealous IDing policy) but once i'd been out a few times it got better.
    I ended up just watching how other people dance and adapting that to what i felt comfortable with. Also, get your friends to stop going off - I'd never go dance with a guy if I was leaving a friend behind! that's not cool - going out for me is about having a good time with friends, so if you arent having a good time in clubs maybe find somewhere else you can all go. Also, the awe of clubs wears off after a while, so you might find you're going out less and less anyway

P.S. you dont need to be pissed and binge drink to have a good time - just find people that you enjoy spending time with! When you're drunk everything seems absolutely halarious OR you get overly emotional and fight with your friends - its not always great to be drunk. btw, cocktails will have a low alcohol content so it's hard to get tipsy on them - i find if you want the drunk/tipsy confidence without the negative side effects of alcohol (i.e. a horrid hangover) red bull is the way to go! lots of sugar = fun times

ReputationRep:
    Dance like a pro and have a good time.

ReputationRep:
    It really doesn't matter how bad a dancer you are, just go for it! People tend to look more out of place when just standing and not really moving much so just forget about what you look like (people will be too drunk to care anyway) and go crazy

ReputationRep:
    Have drinks beforehand to get you in the mood. Nothing too big- just a few alcopops or something. And if it takes a lot to get you drunk then just have a couple more drinks in the club then you would usually, and drink them quikly. You don't have to be drunk to have a fun time and being reallyy hammered obviously isn't a great idea but being tipsy definately helps you feel more confident and you're more likely to dance and chat with boys and stuff. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supergirl182)
    Hey guys, I wasn't sure where to post this, but anyway...

I don't know what to do when I actually get to a club! I just feel soo awkward. Is it just me?! (Even after like 3 cocktails I still don't manage to get remotely tipsy)

I'm an awful dancer (oo could anyone tell me what sort of moves to do in the dancing department?)
    and usually I go with female friends who gradually kind of disappear off with boys... and then i sort of get stranded and eventually kind of meander around where everybody seems to be coupled up!! (sometimes i have a gal pal who stays with me but other times its so scary help mee)

What do I do? Is there some sort of ritual like am I supposed to kind of give people the 'come-over-here' look or something?! HELP!!! (Going clubbing next weekend could use some guidance pronto)

Yes. There is a specific ritual dance you will need. I cannot reveal the details here, as it's a public forum. PM me, and I'll send you the details.

ReputationRep:
    Do the clubs you go to play your kind of music? If I end up going somewhere and I don't recognise anything they're playing I end up feeling a bit out of place as well. However if it's 80's or cheese then I'm set for the night! Plus with that kind of music, you can jump around like a loon and no one will think you're weird, which is awesome for me because I too have issues dancing normally

As for your friends leaving you for guys, I'd be annoyed if my friends did that. Go to the bar and find someone to talk (shout?) to?

ReputationRep:
    Get better friends!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.