Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dropping out to change Uni for September watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have searched for an answer to this but I am still worried. I am dropping out of my course this year to change course and uni for september (have unconditional for sheffield) . My question is, has any one done this and what is the deal with student finance - will they be ok with my re applying for a different course. Secondly, will I have to pay what I have received back, I assumed it would remain as debt to be paid back when I graduated but I recently read a post suggesting that I may have to pay it back, in which case I would be screwed as the money went on accommodation :eek: . Any responses would be very much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I dropped out in December and student support at Cardiff said if I dropped out after 1st of December then I could carry the debt over to my new course, if I dropped out before then I would have to pay back the maintenance loans & tuition fee loans before starting again. I have finally received a letter and leaflet from student finance today which basically said the same thing. So you will be able to carry on the debt you have already onto your new course and won't have to pay it back til you are earning £15k.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.