Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Could this be carbon monoxide poisoning? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've not been very well the past couple of weeks. Been feeling very lightheaded & dizzy, a lot of headaches, tired, sick feeling and I have a bit of pain in my stomach at the moment.
    I just put most of it down to stress at first but its just a bit weird that the rest of my family have been feeling the same aswel. My mum especially has been very dizzy/lightheaded and always tired. We thought maybe it was just a bug at first but the dizziness & tiredness has been at least for a couple of weeks now and its not really developed into anything else like the flu..

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, go get a £10 detector if you really think so. Or just leave it and possible die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Maybe, go get a £10 detector if you really think so. Or just leave it and possible die.

Yeah my mums gonna get one tommorow. So hopefully we wont die!

ReputationRep:
    It could be, fits some of the symptoms: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/carbo...article_em.htm Definitely a good idea to get it checked out; get one of the detectors and maybe get the boiler man round to check things out! Hope you all feel better soon :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty bad, if you call British Gas or 999 and see what they say.
    Sleep with the windows open.
    Also, have a look as to when the last time the boiler got checked out, and see if it's an older one or not (older ones tend to have a light that stays on all the time if i remember).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    Sounds pretty bad, if you call British Gas or 999 and see what they say.
    Sleep with the windows open.
    Also, have a look as to when the last time the boiler got checked out, and see if it's an older one or not (older ones tend to have a light that stays on all the time if i remember).

Well I live in a really old farmhouse n its quite big and always cold - we never ever open windows not even in summer -
    They aren't double glazing type there ones that you have to lift upwards and some don't even open!
    The boiler probably is quite old - the house was last done up in 1990

I will try get one of those tests tommorow and go to doctor on monday!
    I've mentioned it to my dad and he says no won't be that! But I'm worried it is!!

(Original post by Holamigo)
    Well I live in a really old farmhouse n its quite big and always cold - we never ever open windows not even in summer -
    They aren't double glazing type there ones that you have to lift upwards and some don't even open!
    The boiler probably is quite old - the house was last done up in 1990

I will try get one of those tests tommorow and go to doctor on monday!
    I've mentioned it to my dad and he says no won't be that! But I'm worried it is!!
    I wouldn't bother with the doctor - just get a proper gas engineer to your house to check the boiler out - it should be serviced every few years anyway.

Your doctor will be unable to tell you if there is a gas leak y seeing/examining you. If thius is the reason for seeing them - then don't.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.