Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: How off-putting is virginity in a guy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The other thread kind of got de-railed by penis so

Hi everyone! Bit of a weird way to introduce yourself, but meh, here goes anyway.

To give this post abit of background I am of course a virgin (thus the thread) never been in a relationship and never really properly kissed a girl either.

Try not to switch off yet, this isnt of those emo posts where I cry about being a virgin I promise

But yea, I put my virginity down, at least in part, to a pretty horrific childhood by anyone's standards. When most teens were out discovering girls and stuff, my mind was pre-occupied by other things. But when I came to uni with a fresh start, I discovered I can be quite normal when I want to and have somehow fallen into to put it crudely, the 'popular group' . That was abit wierd, going from abit of a loner with no female friends at all to being surrounded by them lol.

Anyway to try and get to my point before I ramble forever, I find when I talk to girls, my virginity is definitely a massive wall of insecurity. Multiple girls (by multiple I mean two ) have obviously tried to get close to me since ive been at uni but I have pushed them away out of fear almost due to me being so inexperienced (including the girl I am madly infatuated with ).

I mean I can get on with girls fantasticly, infact most of my closest friends are girls. But as soon as someone tries to get closer, I just shut myself off out of fear I suppose. I dont want them to find out how clueless I would be in the bedroom, especially when the two girls in question were both way more experienced than me.

So it would be nice to just get some unbiased opinion, is it really such a put off or is it all in my head?

I thought you got enough answers on the last post:facepalm:. Point is girls don't care
    /thread

ReputationRep:
    Most girls won't care.

ReputationRep:
    meh, i'd think it kinda cute if it were me...
    at least theyre guaranteed an std-free experience :P

ReputationRep:
    most girls won't care, will turn some on, some like to 'mauld' a guy. Everyone is a virgin once.

ReputationRep:
    About as off putting as AIDS. I hope this contributed positively to the discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellybee)
    meh, i'd think it kinda cute if it were me...
    at least theyre guaranteed an std-free experience :P
    No. Just no.

ReputationRep:
    dosn't really matter if you're inexperienced, you don't need to tell them and they won't notice if their doing all the work (ie on top)

ReputationRep:
    You're quite probably overestimating other people's level of experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returntoenegeriser)
    is it really such a put off or is it all in my head?
    It's not off putting for girls and it is all in your head. Stop being so paranoid about it. Most girls won't care.
    /thread

ReputationRep:
    Wouldnt bother me in the slightest

ReputationRep:
    I know lots of guys who are virgins for various reasons( unlucky, religious, or poss 'confused') It doesn't bother me.
    On the other hand the seasoned pros are frightening.

ReputationRep:
    Most sex is awkward and wierd, and probably nothing like you think it will be. Its more often than not slotted into a half an hour window when no one is around. Youre too close (physically) to care about appearance or elegance. Skill goes out of the window in most sexual situations. Its about confidence and how comfortable you are with yourself, thats not penis size or how hard/fast you can thrust/how long you can last. Its about not caring about that stuff and diving in.

Communication helps, and a sense of humour. Also most girls wouldnt have the balls to shut shop and call it off when its already going down, so dont worry about humiliation or anything like that, girls are human and if you tell yourself youre a man and you are in control of your feelings and confident with yourself then she will feel that too and respect it. They wouldnt say anything to your face anyway if you were "doing it wrong". And even if they had something to say behind your back, tell yourself you dont care. Its sex, its not a big deal and once you jump into it and lost your virginity, its a lot more natural than hollywood would like to make us think.

Basically, you shouldnt care if a girl is put off by your virginity. Its nothing, its a status. The fact you have expierienced doing something. Even after you have done it, its all in your head. Having sex for the first time just becomes a memory, its not a physical thing you can call upon to help you. It doesnt change you as such, more confirms that you can alter your mindset when really you shouldnt need this confirmation or approval that you are worthy of having sex.

Man up brother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    You're quite probably overestimating other people's level of experience.
    true, but i have a fantastic story where I was doing a Year 9 citizenship lesson where a girl said my does *** taste so salty, not realising what she admitted to.

I do agree with you, and many people haven't actually had sex, only just said to look 'hard'.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    We're not bothered. It's fine. You'll probably find that you are over estimating the experience of others, and you'll probably find that there are plenty of other virgins around. Don't bother worrying about it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareramos)
    true, but i have a fantastic story where I was doing a Year 9 citizenship lesson where a girl said my does *** taste so salty, not realising what she admitted to.

I do agree with you, and many people haven't actually had sex, only just said to look 'hard'.
    Also having had sex DOES NOT mean you are good at it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I'm gonna be the '*****' of the thread so far and say it would matter to me. I dont really want to be a teacher. I just want to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Wow. I'm gonna be the '*****' of the thread so far and say it would matter to me. I dont really want to be a teacher. I just want to do it.
    not '*****' just let the fella take control, rather than you.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with being a virgin, at all. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. And to compare opposite ends of the spectrum i'd much rather be with someone who hadn't slept with lots, than one who had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareramos)
    not '*****' just let the fella take control, rather than you.
    Yeah you could do that. But I dont want to be anyone's 'first time', fumbling around awkwardly with my body. It wouldnt be enjoyable for me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.