Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: How off-putting is virginity in a guy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it true you can catch virginity from someone? :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returntoenegeriser)
    The other thread kind of got de-railed by penis so

Hi everyone! Bit of a weird way to introduce yourself, but meh, here goes anyway.

To give this post abit of background I am of course a virgin (thus the thread) never been in a relationship and never really properly kissed a girl either.

Try not to switch off yet, this isnt of those emo posts where I cry about being a virgin I promise

But yea, I put my virginity down, at least in part, to a pretty horrific childhood by anyone's standards. When most teens were out discovering girls and stuff, my mind was pre-occupied by other things. But when I came to uni with a fresh start, I discovered I can be quite normal when I want to and have somehow fallen into to put it crudely, the 'popular group' . That was abit wierd, going from abit of a loner with no female friends at all to being surrounded by them lol.

Anyway to try and get to my point before I ramble forever, I find when I talk to girls, my virginity is definitely a massive wall of insecurity. Multiple girls (by multiple I mean two ) have obviously tried to get close to me since ive been at uni but I have pushed them away out of fear almost due to me being so inexperienced (including the girl I am madly infatuated with ).

I mean I can get on with girls fantasticly, infact most of my closest friends are girls. But as soon as someone tries to get closer, I just shut myself off out of fear I suppose. I dont want them to find out how clueless I would be in the bedroom, especially when the two girls in question were both way more experienced than me.

So it would be nice to just get some unbiased opinion, is it really such a put off or is it all in my head?
    Us girls don't care if a guys a virgin.
    It shows he's not only after one thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returntoenegeriser)
    The other thread kind of got de-railed by penis so

Hi everyone! Bit of a weird way to introduce yourself, but meh, here goes anyway.

To give this post abit of background I am of course a virgin (thus the thread) never been in a relationship and never really properly kissed a girl either.

Try not to switch off yet, this isnt of those emo posts where I cry about being a virgin I promise

But yea, I put my virginity down, at least in part, to a pretty horrific childhood by anyone's standards. When most teens were out discovering girls and stuff, my mind was pre-occupied by other things. But when I came to uni with a fresh start, I discovered I can be quite normal when I want to and have somehow fallen into to put it crudely, the 'popular group' . That was abit wierd, going from abit of a loner with no female friends at all to being surrounded by them lol.

Anyway to try and get to my point before I ramble forever, I find when I talk to girls, my virginity is definitely a massive wall of insecurity. Multiple girls (by multiple I mean two ) have obviously tried to get close to me since ive been at uni but I have pushed them away out of fear almost due to me being so inexperienced (including the girl I am madly infatuated with ).

I mean I can get on with girls fantasticly, infact most of my closest friends are girls. But as soon as someone tries to get closer, I just shut myself off out of fear I suppose. I dont want them to find out how clueless I would be in the bedroom, especially when the two girls in question were both way more experienced than me.

So it would be nice to just get some unbiased opinion, is it really such a put off or is it all in my head?

Its on putting. Most of the hottest, worthiest guys are inexperienced anyway.

It shouldnt at all be a barrier, just go with the flow. But the answer to your question is NOT OFF PUTTING.

ReputationRep:
    The first time with anyone is likely to be somewhat awkward. I would have thought the vast majority wouldn't mind either way if they like you enough to get into bed with.

ReputationRep:
    If it was off-putting to girls then guys would stay virgins for ever.

(Original post by clareramos)
    I was going to say same thing.

Although saying it wasn't good is a lie as I now love it, although 3 kids 10 and above is tiring but fun. lol! and yes I was preg at 16, gave firth at 17. I seem to love giving birth to kids around my birthday, although my fourth and Final was a summer baby.
    I presume you and your partner have jobs and work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    I think its really funny how thats your business.

ReputationRep:
    i would perfer a guy thats a virgin that actaully is gonna see having sex with me as something meaningful and new, appose to the scumbags ive been with in the past that have slept with every girl and i was just another nock on their bedpost x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Wow. I'm gonna be the '*****' of the thread so far and say it would matter to me. I dont really want to be a teacher. I just want to do it.
    I have to agree...

In fantasy, teaching seems fun, but when I'm in the mood I have little patience for such things. But OP, having said that when you do lose your virginity, don't worry so much and just enjoy yourself as best as you can. Most of us do not have an amazing experience first time.

(Original post by gingergooner)
    I think its really funny how thats your business.
    I find it sickening how someone is applauded for having twins at 15.

Unless there parents are millionaires or they have some amazing job.

ReputationRep:

If she's 27 and its still working, I don't see why its a problem, that doesn't mean I'd ever choose to do it myself mind you.

ReputationRep:
    yeah

It happens.

and now i will make you shut up...

I teach, which is why i'm on here, but also work in the theatre. I also come from one of the most wealthiest families in Murcia.

My fella, is ex high ranking military, and owns several businesses, aswell as coming from a very wealthy family, of which he got a very sizable inherritence (£14,390,800 to be exact).

If she's 27 and its still working, I don't see why its a problem, that doesn't mean I'd ever choose to do it myself mind you.
    If it's still working because she is living off government money then its a disgrace.

If not fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    I aint the cats mother. lol!

ReputationRep:
    I get what you mean, when I first had it with my husband we were both virgins and it actually felt better as we both hadn't a clue, and were very young. Although I did end up preg at 14, giving birth with twins at 15, which wasn't good.
    lrn2protect&abort jeeez woman

ReputationRep:
    I aint the cats mother. lol!
    Ha so what you expect me to refer to you as clareramos everytime? That expression always got on my nerves a little bit :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ha so what you expect me to refer to you as clareramos everytime? That expression always got on my nerves a little bit :rolleyes:
    if you look at my name on my profile, you would see my proper name, so could just refer to me as my first name (Clareta) or Clare or Ramos.

ReputationRep:
    if you look at my name on my profile, you would see my proper name, so could just refer to me as my first name (Clareta) or Clare or Ramos.
    Jeeze Louise. Ok point taken, whatever.

ReputationRep:
    lol @ the people who've had 1 sexual partner and are like "Urgh...I cba with virgins, they have no idea."

When I lost mine, I didn't tell her it was my first time. If a guy can pleasure a girl with his fingers/mouth, if he can't he's useless, then after 5 seconds of trying, his winkledinkle shouldn't be a problem either.

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm only interested in dating men who are in their mid-to-late 20s, virginity would be quite off-putting.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.