Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

who's that beach blonde girl, she's hotter than the sun, who's that beach blonde girl watch

Recently my dad died and i have done absolutely no revision. My exams are soon and i don't know what to do!

Does any body know if the SQA are able to help with my exams in anyway, can they lower the grade boundaries for me or do i just resit next year?

please help and advice would be brilliant

thank you

Im doing my highers by the way

ReputationRep:
    I pretty certain they can't lower the grade boundaries. Yes, you would have to resit next year.

ReputationRep:
    Why would the title to this thread be what it is?

ReputationRep:
    Wow that title is wrong.
    And you will just have to re-sit. Or start revising, whilst you have a bit of time.

ReputationRep:
    ...And how the hell did you manage to post anon? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    no i'm pretty sure you can get like 10% added on to all your final grades if a relative dies or something?? definitely something like that. like it's 2% for a pet, 5% for something else can't remember what, and 10 or 15% for immediate family. i'd check it out. i'm so sorry about your dad by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebs101)
    no i'm pretty sure you can get like 10% added on to all your final grades if a relative dies or something?? definitely something like that. like it's 2% for a pet, 5% for something else can't remember what, and 10 or 15% for immediate family. i'd check it out. i'm so sorry about your dad by the way.
    hehe 2% for the goldfish dieing. :cool:

never heard of this and i very much doubt this is true. you can however get your referee to mention it on your reference when you apply to universities and if you're in edinburgh you'll qualify for LEAPS.

ReputationRep:
    I am so confused.

What's the question got to do with the thread title:confused:
    Anyway can't you not tell your school about what happened so they can take that into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about scottish qualifications but for A levels here you can get special consideration. This either means you get your predicted grade (i.e.say you were predicted an A you would get it without taking the exam). Or, when your paper is marked they take the extenuating circumstances into account and give you 5 marks extra (this can be useless or mean the difference between a high b and a low a).

Talk to your school/college. Really sorry to hear about your dad.

ReputationRep:
    The SQA will not adjust the grade boundaries or bump your mark. If you underachieve, you can appeal, which is a more holistic process. Universities will probably also take some account of it if you contact them. Some universities have pre-established processes for doing so (extra forms you can fill out, etc).

I'm sorry for your loss.

ReputationRep:
    who's that beach blonde girl, she's hotter than the sun, who's that beach blonde girl

wasn't this a shampoo advert from back in the day??

ReputationRep:
    Nearly missed this because of the title. Hope you manage to keep your exam answers more relevant.

Just to be clear, in this circumstance candidates should talk to their school. We are SQA are not able to lower grade boundaries for individual students.

Hope that helps.
    SAM

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.