Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_killer)
    just got an offer for physics through clearing with A*AB lol, woop...

but i have to get outside accomadation, anyone point me in the right direction?
    :P Yey Physics! I can't believe they were in clearing. lol

ReputationRep:
    Southampton!!!!

Natural Sciences Chemistry and Oceanography <3

Applied for Glen Eyre ensuite + self-catered, but not heard anything as yet :s

:ymca:

ReputationRep:
    They accepted me for Politics So pleased with this. Finally going to uni after 3 years of college. I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NCIShippo)
    Southampton!!!!

Natural Sciences Chemistry and Oceanography <3

Applied for Glen Eyre ensuite + self-catered, but not heard anything as yet :s

:ymca:
    I've also applied there and I just got my offer! I'm in Hartley Grove, they don't give room/floor numbers until we move in? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Mathematics MMath Im surprised they accepted me as they wanted AAB (A - maths and B in f. maths) and i only ended up with ABCCCD (A -maths C - f. maths)

ReputationRep:
    Resourceful et all

I got an A in Maths (yaaaay!) - means I should be able to transfer to pure Economics. I've sent an email to the admissions asking whether their offer for me to transfer is still applicable.

I'm also looking into Computer Science as apparently the admissions people would be potentially willing to allow me to transfer if I got an A....

If I can transfer to both, I'll have to make a choice between Economics or Comp Science - difficult.

ReputationRep:
    MPhys. They wanted AAB I gave them ABBBB with Physics and Chem being 3 UMS from the grade boundaries. ISA's ****** me over.

I have also accepted Monte 3 accomm!!! :P

JOIN THE TSR SOUTHAMPTON FACEBOOK GROUP in my sig!!

ReputationRep:
    After crapping myself earlier about results I missed my offer of AAB for BSc Geography and I was accepted and confirmed with ABC

So happy, not heard anything about accomodation but the site is down atm :/ Any fellow geographers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connie.x)
    Mathematics MMath Im surprised they accepted me as they wanted AAB (A - maths and B in f. maths) and i only ended up with ABCCCD (A -maths C - f. maths)
    lol i am on the same course and got A* A* A B C, bit of a difference
    well done though, i guess i will see you soon......
    does anyone know if there is a facebook page for southampton people going in 2010. I cant find it! or anything of that type???!!

quote me please in reply/pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v12dude)
    does anyone know if there is a facebook page for southampton people going in 2010. I cant find it! or anything of that type???!!

quote me please in reply/pm
    I have only found a freshers week one:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=403339535294
    "Southampton University Freshers' Week 2010 OFFICIAL!"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by tomsabin)
    I have only found a freshers week one:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=403339535294
    "Southampton University Freshers' Week 2010 OFFICIAL!"
    That's the best one to join, to be honest. It's the actual official Student Union group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsabin)
    I've also applied there and I just got my offer! I'm in Hartley Grove, they don't give room/floor numbers until we move in? :confused:

Did you get an email then? I haven't heard :O I might call them in the morning and ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paske)
    :P Yey Physics! I can't believe they were in clearing. lol
    Well done. Just to let you know (not that it matters) the Gov. gave Soton more funding to take students as it is in the Russell group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alaroche)
    Lol... I didn't get the offer. I was off by 1%
    Offer was AAA but I got A*AB and got let in!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramos_Spurs)
    Well done. Just to let you know (not that it matters) the Gov. gave Soton more funding to take students as it is in the Russell group.
    Yeah I was sat there for ages thinking why they deicded to put it in clearing then read that after posting

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you recieved any kind of response to your offer (excluding the change of ucas to confirmed). I thought i may get a welcome email etc, or at least confirmation from them that i'm on the course :confused:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by grabattack)
    Have any of you recieved any kind of response to your offer (excluding the change of ucas to confirmed). I thought i may get a welcome email etc, or at least confirmation from them that i'm on the course :confused:
    You should get a letter from them in a week or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NCIShippo)
    Did you get an email then? I haven't heard :O I might call them in the morning and ask!
    Yeah I received one yesterday, it said: "We are pleased to offer you accommodation at the University of Southampton. To view the details of your offer please log into your account at www.onlineaccommodation.soton.ac.uk and check the Offer and Contracts section."
    Think I've just been lucky being at the front of the queue for once or something? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer of accomodation yesterday, at Monte 3 so very chuffed with that! Was a bit startled when I realised the maintenance loan doesn't cover my accomodation, I wish I'd applied for cheaper halls now, silly me. I will just have to get a job to pay for food and stuff xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    Got an offer of accomodation yesterday, at Monte 3 so very chuffed with that! Was a bit startled when I realised the maintenance loan doesn't cover my accomodation, I wish I'd applied for cheaper halls now, silly me. I will just have to get a job to pay for food and stuff xD
    Im not in Monte 3 but I am in Monte 1 woo!!!!!!

I have received something from Ucas today but read this on the southampton website. http://www.southampton.ac.uk/enrol/index.shtml

See everyone in just over a month Freshers week!!!!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.