Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    monte 2 anyone?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsabin)
    Yeah I received one yesterday, it said: "We are pleased to offer you accommodation at the University of Southampton. To view the details of your offer please log into your account at www.onlineaccommodation.soton.ac.uk and check the Offer and Contracts section."
    Think I've just been lucky being at the front of the queue for once or something? :p:

I just gave them a call and I still haven't got an offer - and they haven't offered me one yet! Though they did agree I am entitled to an offer :s So I'll have to sit tight! Thanks though

I applied for Glen Eyre complex as well, so I'm hoping there are still rooms available!

ReputationRep:
    I put it as insurance and have had no accommodation offer yet... anyone else the same?

i hear people who put it as insurance have to share a room for the first 6 weeks :O Anyone been given this offer??????

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard from the accommodation people yet

ReputationRep:
    Just as I say that they send me a offer, En-suite at Small Halls :dance:

ReputationRep:
    Haha maybe I'll get the same luck :p:

Loving the fact Soton's a certainty - but now I want my accomodation offer!! Well done everyone

edit: just checked, I don't know what "unmatched" means in the status but it does NOT sound good....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    That's the best one to join, to be honest. It's the actual official Student Union group.
    I agree, join the actual SUSU one, not any others! That's where you'll get all the decent info!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I wanted to be in the place where there is a gym

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Haha maybe I'll get the same luck :p:

Loving the fact Soton's a certainty - but now I want my accomodation offer!! Well done everyone

edit: just checked, I don't know what "unmatched" means in the status but it does NOT sound good....

Mine just says submitted so I guess at least you know they've looked at yours in some way :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NCIShippo)
    Mine just says submitted so I guess at least you know they've looked at yours in some way :s
    I wonder what makes them look at some peoples first?

Apparently unmatched means I've got none of my three choices, so fingers crossed for you that isn't what eventually comes up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alastor)
    Resourceful et all

I got an A in Maths (yaaaay!) - means I should be able to transfer to pure Economics. I've sent an email to the admissions asking whether their offer for me to transfer is still applicable.

I'm also looking into Computer Science as apparently the admissions people would be potentially willing to allow me to transfer if I got an A....

If I can transfer to both, I'll have to make a choice between Economics or Comp Science - difficult.

I got in!!!
    Nooo, you should stay for Economics!!
    And thanks, I emailed the admissions tutor and I should be all set for a transfer!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resourceful)

I got in!!!
    Nooo, you should stay for Economics!!
    And thanks, I emailed the admissions tutor and I should be all set for a transfer!!!
    I'm settling on Economics, hurrah

I sent the email to the admissions tutor about my maths yesterday, haven't got a response back yet... Have you? I hope they can allow me to initiate an internal transfer before I arrive....

I'm thinking I'll ring up and hassle them if I don't get an email response by morning tomorrow. There shouldn't be an issue spaces wises as we've both already been allocated a place, they just need to move that place around. Nevertheless, I'm not leaving it to chance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grabattack)
    Have any of you recieved any kind of response to your offer (excluding the change of ucas to confirmed). I thought i may get a welcome email etc, or at least confirmation from them that i'm on the course :confused:
    I got an email from the uni - the email started with something like [email protected] telling me how to enrol and stuff. Have just enrolled and got my student email account!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at Brunei House? I haven't accepted the offer yet :s - does anyone know what it's like?

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of halls, anyone at South Hill Hall Glen Eyre?

ReputationRep:
    there seems to be a lack of people with offers from glen eyre, especially as it is the big one i think?! i have had mine.

Also anyone doing Mmath?/the BSc version.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sduong)
    Anyone at Brunei House? I haven't accepted the offer yet :s - does anyone know what it's like?
    ewoops.
    it appears i am there too just didnt realise it was the same place as you didnt mention glen eyre in what you said.

i cant really remember what it was like, nothing i remember from open day was bad about it.....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Speaking of halls, anyone at South Hill Hall Glen Eyre?
    Yup, I will be. In the catered one, mind.

ReputationRep:
    I'm settling on Economics, hurrah

I sent the email to the admissions tutor about my maths yesterday, haven't got a response back yet... Have you? I hope they can allow me to initiate an internal transfer before I arrive....

I'm thinking I'll ring up and hassle them if I don't get an email response by morning tomorrow. There shouldn't be an issue spaces wises as we've both already been allocated a place, they just need to move that place around. Nevertheless, I'm not leaving it to chance!
    Well, my offer took longer than others (didn't recieve one of my grades)- so just after I posted to you, I checked track and she'd changed my course already. So I've just clicked firm and accepted and the homepage now says congrats you have a place for L100 etc...so I'm already all set.
    But she should reply to your email probs next week once shes less busy..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Yup, I will be. In the catered one, mind.
    Likewise

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.