Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grabattack)
    No accommodation offer as of yet
    Anyone know if i need to enroll before i can receive an accommodation offer ?
    I still haven't had a welcome email or letter ?
    I haven't had any welcome email or letter, and I haven't enrolled yet (idk how to - do I need to wait for the letter?) but I received my accommodation offer on results day, so you don't need to enrol to receive the offer.

ReputationRep:
    I hate being an international student:
    I don't get the welcome pack
    I can't enrol until AFTER I get there

So, I'm stuck waiting for my accommodation offer (which, thankfully, is guaranteed [yay for being international?])...

and I still haven't seen any electronicalengineers.... where be you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to find out what to bring to the halls. There doesn't seem to be a quick list of what they do and don't include.

I'm imagining:
    1) Duvet
    2) Pillows
    3) Towels
    4) Loo-related bric-a-brac
    5) Iron?
    6) Is an Ironing board supplied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alastor)
    I'm trying to find out what to bring to the halls. There doesn't seem to be a quick list of what they do and don't include.

I'm imagining:
    1) Duvet
    2) Pillows
    3) Towels
    5) Iron?
    http://www.soton.ac.uk/accommodation...nprovided.html

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    So, this may be a stupid question but; do you have to pay to use the laundrettes?

ReputationRep:

I'm imagining:
    1) Duvet
    2) Pillows
    3) Towels
    5) Iron?
    of those only an ironing board was supplied to mine xD possibly an iron too but i cant remmeber if it was just one of my flatmates..

(Original post by Resourceful)
    So, this may be a stupid question but; do you have to pay to use the laundrettes?
    yeh, mine was £2 wash £1 dry =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v12dude)
    there seems to be a lack of people with offers from glen eyre, especially as it is the big one i think?! i have had mine.

Also anyone doing Mmath?/the BSc version.

I'm doing the Mmath! Haven't got accommodation offer yet though x

ReputationRep:
    Seems a lot of people haven't had their welcome packs yet good to know it isn't just me but hey, i'm sure the few days after results will be sorting out clearing and stuff like that. so they prob wont get round to it until maybe this week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekkistudent)
    Not really. Somewhere I saw a 'How to read your timetable' link, but I can't remember where. It wasn't far away from the timetable I don't think. That might help. What's confusing you?
    The dates?! - specifically the Teaching weeks column; if there are some weeks absent, do I just simply not attend what's timetabled on those weeks? I dont think im making sense am I? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsabin)
    I haven't had any welcome email or letter, and I haven't enrolled yet (idk how to - do I need to wait for the letter?) but I received my accommodation offer on results day, so you don't need to enrol to receive the offer.
    I haven't had a letter but I got an email saying welcome - anyhow, you don't actually need a letter/email to enrol. You just need your student ID number to create an email and to enrol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sduong)
    I haven't had a letter but I got an email saying welcome - anyhow, you don't actually need a letter/email to enrol. You just need your student ID number to create an email and to enrol
    And how do I find out my student ID number? I haven't been told any of this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsabin)
    And how do I find out my student ID number? I haven't been told any of this
    Should be present on the correspondence from the University, alternatively, it's present on the left of the accommodation website, once logged-in.

ReputationRep:
    Should be present on the correspondence from the University, alternatively, it's present on the left of the accommodation website, once logged-in.
    Oh, durr :facepalm2:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

i thought we needed a letter or confirmation to enroll.

ReputationRep:
    I got my Welcome email just now - beware if you are using a hotmail account for university correspondence, it may be in the Junk folder ! ( mine was )

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for their room number for the hall's address when enrolling? I just put a random number because we don't know it yet, but it kept requesting it Will we be able to change it when we do find out our room number?

ReputationRep:
    When you enrol you could just put your home address and then change it, you won't get any info on your block or room until you get there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sduong)
    I know I'll probably sound an idiot, but the timetable confuses me :s lol ...
    You just read it like a normal timetable, it's easier if you click the button saying 'standard teaching week' which is the button labelled '*STW' then you'll get a proper table.

Each module looks like this:

PHIL3018 (s1) L1/01
    Janaway C Prof
    07 / 3031 (L/R F2)
    1-11, 15

The top line of each box tells you the module code, so on mine it's Philosophy 3018, which semester e.g (S1) is semester 1, and what number lecture it is of that module that week, e.g L1, L2. Sometimes instead of of L1 it'll say S1, so that means its a seminar, or DH, which means discussion hour. Of course they'll be different codes for different subjects!

The second line tells you the lecturer

The third line tells you the building. You don't get the building name, only numbers, but you'll get a map in your student planner telling you the corresponding buildings! So for me this lecture is in building 7, room 3031, which also tells me it's on floor 3 of that building. The bit that says L/R f2 just means that in that builiding, room 3031 is also known as lecture room f2. It might also say L/T 3 which means lecture theatre 3 for example.

The last line tells you what weeks that lecture runs. So mine runs week 1-11, and then it's christmas hols, then it runs in week 15.

Is that better??? Sorry if I have confused you, but thought that might help a few people!

ReputationRep:
    Where do you go to view the standard timetable ?
    I have enrolled but cannot find it ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.