The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
makinghistory
You just read it like a normal timetable, it's easier if you click the button saying 'standard teaching week' which is the button labelled '*STW' then you'll get a proper table.

Each module looks like this:

PHIL3018 (s1) L1/01
Janaway C Prof
07 / 3031 (L/R F2)
1-11, 15

The top line of each box tells you the module code, so on mine it's Philosophy 3018, which semester e.g (S1) is semester 1, and what number lecture it is of that module that week, e.g L1, L2. Sometimes instead of of L1 it'll say S1, so that means its a seminar, or DH, which means discussion hour. Of course they'll be different codes for different subjects!

The second line tells you the lecturer

The third line tells you the building. You don't get the building name, only numbers, but you'll get a map in your student planner telling you the corresponding buildings! So for me this lecture is in building 7, room 3031, which also tells me it's on floor 3 of that building. The bit that says L/R f2 just means that in that builiding, room 3031 is also known as lecture room f2. It might also say L/T 3 which means lecture theatre 3 for example.

The last line tells you what weeks that lecture runs. So mine runs week 1-11, and then it's christmas hols, then it runs in week 15.

Is that better??? Sorry if I have confused you, but thought that might help a few people!

Thanks that really helps
I take it that the first monday is the 4th October, is there anything to do with the course at all during freshers?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
In the day time of freshers' week you'll have welcome meetings and introductory things which you have to go to for your course, but no actual academic work!
Reply 342
makinghistory
You just read it like a normal timetable, it's easier if you click the button saying 'standard teaching week' which is the button labelled '*STW' then you'll get a proper table.

Each module looks like this:

PHIL3018 (s1) L1/01
Janaway C Prof
07 / 3031 (L/R F2)
1-11, 15

The top line of each box tells you the module code, so on mine it's Philosophy 3018, which semester e.g (S1) is semester 1, and what number lecture it is of that module that week, e.g L1, L2. Sometimes instead of of L1 it'll say S1, so that means its a seminar, or DH, which means discussion hour. Of course they'll be different codes for different subjects!

The second line tells you the lecturer

The third line tells you the building. You don't get the building name, only numbers, but you'll get a map in your student planner telling you the corresponding buildings! So for me this lecture is in building 7, room 3031, which also tells me it's on floor 3 of that building. The bit that says L/R f2 just means that in that builiding, room 3031 is also known as lecture room f2. It might also say L/T 3 which means lecture theatre 3 for example.

The last line tells you what weeks that lecture runs. So mine runs week 1-11, and then it's christmas hols, then it runs in week 15.

Is that better??? Sorry if I have confused you, but thought that might help a few people!

Very helpful, Thanks!
grabattack
Where do you go to view the standard timetable ?
I have enrolled but cannot find it ?

Log into sussed, then go to the 'programme' tab at the top and on the left hand side go to teaching timetable:smile:
Reply 344
Ohhhh enrolment for year 3, I knew there was something I'd forgotten to do ... I should really send back that pesky student finance declaration form aswell :frown:
Reply 345
Hi guys ,

I have been selected for Mech eng. being an international student I have no clue wht to do? Shld i enrol now and create an ID ? I havent received any welcome letter yet but in my UCAS i have received unconditional offer and my CAS thingy. So wht shld i do now and yea I havent applied for visa so can I enrol now?
Congrats to all you guys who got in, I'm the Maths Society's Sports Officer for this year, and I'm living right next to the campus chemists, so I might see a few of you around :h:
Still haven't heard anything from the accommodation people :/
Don't panic! I never heard anything until the start of September in my first year! :smile:
Reply 349
what will i actually be able to do with an economics degree from southampton?
abzter21
what will i actually be able to do with an economics degree from southampton?

Whatever you want, really. Plenty of internship opportunities and whathaveyou with corporate firms to see that side of things, investment banking yada yada...
Reply 351
rs222
Hi guys ,

I have been selected for Mech eng. being an international student I have no clue wht to do? Shld i enrol now and create an ID ? I havent received any welcome letter yet but in my UCAS i have received unconditional offer and my CAS thingy. So wht shld i do now and yea I havent applied for visa so can I enrol now?

You can't enrol until the check-in thing when you get there. BUT you can apply for the ID card, the computer id system-thing and see your timetable etc.
there's some international-y stuff here
Reply 352
Thanks buddy for the help i have made the computer id thingy :smile:
but now how do I check my timetable :s-smilie: , but can I even check as I am International student and havent enrolled ? Thanks again for helping :biggrin:
Reply 353
and one more questions they gave me a soton email id but i cldnt choose my own id they just gave me an id can i change it? thanks again sorry if i am askin too many questions
Reply 354
rs222
and one more questions they gave me a soton email id but i cldnt choose my own id they just gave me an id can i change it? thanks again sorry if i am askin too many questions

I imagine that you will keep that ID, seeing as it is your unique ID at it is :confused:
Reply 355
Resourceful

I got the transfer form from the nice admissions lady. Just need to sign and boom, I'll be an Economics undergraduate at a Russell Group University :smile:
Reply 356
Hi Tomsabin,

By ID i mean the email id for example [email protected]
something like this was given when i registered for computer ID system thingy where u had to put the unique number. And i was askin if i can change the email id ?
Reply 357
I guess i found out tht u cant change this email id since its from them thanks for all ur help :biggrin: but now how do I check my timetable :s-smilie: , but can I even check as I am International student and havent enrolled ? Thanks again for helping and sorry for askin so much :colondollar:
What is the enrolment deadline? Is there any advantage in enrolling earlier?
As long as you're enrolled by Fresher's Week, the University recognises your attendance for the year. There is no advantage to early enrolment.

I did mine today :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending