Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alastor)
    I got the transfer form from the nice admissions lady. Just need to sign and boom, I'll be an Economics undergraduate at a Russell Group University
    hey, so i'm majorly confused.
    does our student ID change as we've switched courses?
    Because I tried my ID from a previous letter (with eco and pol) and it doesn't accept it...does yours still work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resourceful)
    hey, so i'm majorly confused.
    does our student ID change as we've switched courses?
    Because I tried my ID from a previous letter (with eco and pol) and it doesn't accept it...does yours still work
    Mine still works as I'm still listed officially for Eco and Pol. I would have thought the ID is fixed and identifies students regardless of course. Perhaps ring student services?

Otherwise, looks like your place has been withdrawn, it's Southampton Solent for you - Interpretive Dance!

ReputationRep:
    Mine still works as I'm still listed officially for Eco and Pol. I would have thought the ID is fixed and identifies students regardless of course. Perhaps ring student services?

Otherwise, looks like your place has been withdrawn, it's Southampton Solent for you - Interpretive Dance!
    OMG! Don't even joke about that!!
    I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the withdrawn bit!
    I shall have to ring. Again.

ReputationRep:
    OMG! Don't even joke about that!!
    I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the withdrawn bit!
    I shall have to ring. Again.
    Hah sorry...

Give them a ring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rs222)
    I guess i found out tht u cant change this email id since its from them thanks for all ur help but now how do I check my timetable , but can I even check as I am International student and havent enrolled ? Thanks again for helping and sorry for askin so much
    yes, you can. login to sussed.soton.ac.uk and then go to resources, then it would say 'Teaching timetable' on the left hand side. Click that, and then you can view it for the semester etc.

ReputationRep:
    Thank u UNAMED just saw my timetable

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal to only have 3 hours of lectures on my timetable....?

ReputationRep:
    jeebus, I had 24 hours a week in my first year.

Depends on the subject, but 3 hours sounds a bit too sparse for anything. Wait a while until it's nearer the time and the timetables have been finalised then enquire. Or enquire now but I'm not sure if you'll get a speedy response as they've probably got a backlog of emails to answer about accommodation and the such.

ReputationRep:
    I hope I have more!
    What the hell am I gonna do if I only have 3 hours a week!!!

ReputationRep:
    I hope I have more!
    What the hell am I gonna do if I only have 3 hours a week!!!
    3 hours :lolwut:

You'll have like tutorials/the equiv and whatever too, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    3 hours :lolwut:

You'll have like tutorials/the equiv and whatever too, no?
    NO idea...I did just check ston website for Economics and it says on average 12 hours (2 or 3 lectures and then small group classes)..so I'm guessing my timetable has only shown my lectures?

ReputationRep:
    NO idea...I did just check ston website for Economics and it says on average 12 hours (2 or 3 lectures and then small group classes)..so I'm guessing my timetable has only shown my lectures?
    Yeah it only shows lectures I think?
    (someone'll probs correct me now!)

ReputationRep:
    I just get "no timetables activities"'up. Does this mean I don't actually have to do any work, and in 5 years time they'll just hand me a stethoscope and unleash me on the ailing masses?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It won't show your full timetable until you've registered your modules. A lot of first year modules are dependent on whether you've done A-Level Maths or A-Level Economics. (For example, you do Econ1003 if you have A-Level Economics but Econ1001 if you haven't. Also you take Econ1007 if you have A-Level Maths but Econ1005 if you don't.) Additionally, in the first semester of your first year you only have two economics modules, and you must choose two outside modules, and the system isn't up just yet for you to choose your outside modules. (It should become available sometime in September on SocSciNet.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    It won't show your full timetable until you've registered your modules. A lot of first year modules are dependent on whether you've done A-Level Maths or A-Level Economics. (For example, you do Econ1003 if you have A-Level Economics but Econ1001 if you haven't. Also you take Econ1007 if you have A-Level Maths but Econ1005 if you don't.) Additionally, in the first semester of your first year you only have two economics modules, and you must choose two outside modules, and the system isn't up just yet for you to choose your outside modules. (It should become available sometime in September on SocSciNet.)
    I did A'Level Economics and A'Level Maths, both to A standard. Is it compulsory that I choose Econ 1003? I wouldn't mind "refreshing my mind" with the Economics basics in Econ 1001 considering it's been over a year since I've done any Economics (gap year). Would this be seen as ridiculous? Otherwise I should probably start reading over all my A'Level notes again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Whats the main difference between the Econ Bsc and the MEcon?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I did A'Level Economics and A'Level Maths, both to A standard. Is it compulsory that I choose Econ 1003? I wouldn't mind "refreshing my mind" with the Economics basics in Econ 1001 considering it's been over a year since I've done any Economics (gap year). Would this be seen as ridiculous? Otherwise I should probably start reading over all my A'Level notes again.
    You can opt for Econ1001 if you really want to. I know a few students who actually did that despite having A-Level Economics.

The lecturers for both Econ1001 and Econ1003 are changing this coming academic year, so the actual content could change as well. When I took Econ1003, however, it did cover the basics like Econ1001, but went at a much faster pace so that we ended up covering more content. (The second year modules, however, start on the assumption that you've covered everything in Econ1001, so the extra topics just give you a head start and aren't essential.)

To be honest, I think you'll be fine if you chose Econ1003, but you can choose Econ1001 if you really feel it's best for you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous0155)
    Whats the main difference between the Econ Bsc and the MEcon?
    The difference is that the BSc course is a three-year Bachelors, whereas the MEcon course is a four-year undergraduate Masters course. Basically, the first three years of each are the same (though the MEcon course has two more compulsory modules), but the fourth year of the MEcon is the Masters year, and as such you do the same modules as you would do on the MSc Economics/Economics and Econometrics programmes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saab_101)
    I just get "no timetables activities"'up. Does this mean I don't actually have to do any work, and in 5 years time they'll just hand me a stethoscope and unleash me on the ailing masses?
    Mine also displays this, it made me happy :top: #

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone got their welcome pack yet? Should I wait for it to come before I enrol?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.