Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im firming it. Hopefully theyll give me an offer after my interview on wednesday!
    History and Archaeology anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Natural Science firmer here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_dude008)
    Already replied to my offers with southampton as my firm doing Economics. Anyone else? ^^
    same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apophenia)
    Southampton is definitely my firm - Mathematics G100. Offer is AAB, as I take Further Mathematics (would've been AAA otherwise). Should be easy to get, and I'm going for the Full Fees Scholarship.
    haha same as in doing maths but G103 at southampton as firm choice instead and also aiming for full fees scholarship! do you reckon they give out more than 1??! maybe we have some competition going on here?!

ReputationRep:
    Any new geologists?

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Southampton the other day... for Law.
    Not seen any other law applicants around here though... scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    HELLO
    i can't find another thread on this.... am I being blind?

Who's firmed/firming Soton then?

eeee I want to go so badly!

(Anyone else deferred? :sad:)
    Sia, am I right in reading that you're not firming Soton anymore? :eek3:
    What prompted the change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    Sia, am I right in reading that you're not firming Soton anymore? :eek3:
    What prompted the change?
    Nottingham open day :p:?
    I don't know really, it just feels... right.
    weirdly

ReputationRep:
    im on a gap yr but retook an exam in jan and get my results tomo- eek! if i do get the grade they said theyd change my offer to unconditional- but what effect will this have when applying for accommodation? because i thought it was first come first serve but ive also heard unonditional students are told their accommodation right away, and conditional students are told after august...does anyone know which is right?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jl789)
    im on a gap yr but retook an exam in jan and get my results tomo- eek! if i do get the grade they said theyd change my offer to unconditional- but what effect will this have when applying for accommodation? because i thought it was first come first serve but ive also heard unonditional students are told their accommodation right away, and conditional students are told after august...does anyone know which is right?!
    I'm not sure about when you can apply but accommodation (i'm not sure if it's the same for conditional as unconditional) but it isn't assigned to people until after exam results are out in August. Don't worry, you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jl789)
    It's not a first come first serve basis for conditional people...don't know about unconditional people though sorry, quite unhelpfully for you :p:
    You could apply from Feb 1st apparently, though you need a code (not your UCAS ID number) which they're apparently sending out around Easter. The person that told me this though has already applied for accomodation, as he got impatient and emailed his Department (School of Humainities w/e) who gave him the code without any grumbling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    It's not a first come first serve basis for conditional people...don't know about unconditional people though sorry, quite unhelpfully for you :p:
    You could apply from Feb 1st apparently, though you need a code (not your UCAS ID number) which they're apparently sending out around Easter. The person that told me this though has already applied for accomodation, as he got impatient and emailed his Department (School of Humainities w/e) who gave him the code without any grumbling.
    I got mine around last month. It comes with the offer letter. Though mine was from the Law school so maybe it depends on the department/school. :/

(Original post by jl789)

Well, that depends. They start looking for the best possible room for you in accordance to your application once you've met your offer (that is, your grades have been sent and you were bumped up from conditional to unconditional) and they could offer you accommodation the next day, week, or month. Although it is usually fairly speedy, so if you get your unconditional offer, your accommodation offer will follow pretty soon after that. :]

ReputationRep:
    Good bye southampton! Maybe i will get my grades next year :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alaroche)
    I got mine around last month. It comes with the offer letter. Though mine was from the Law school so maybe it depends on the department/school. :/

Well, that depends. They start looking for the best possible room for you in accordance to your application once you've met your offer (that is, your grades have been sent and you were bumped up from conditional to unconditional) and they could offer you accommodation the next day, week, or month. Although it is usually fairly speedy, so if you get your unconditional offer, your accommodation offer will follow pretty soon after that. :]
    Thanks! found out today that I have got the grade I need

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Southampton for Music Just need to pass my grade 8 in the summer and I'm in.
    Has anyone had much of a look at accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jl789)
    Thanks! found out today that I have got the grade I need
    Congrats! Will you let me know how long it took for them to give you an accommodation offer? I get my results in May/June which is earlier than the average so I'm in the same situation as you. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! Will you let me know how long it took for them to give you an accommodation offer? I get my results in May/June which is earlier than the average so I'm in the same situation as you. :yes:
    Yeah sure! Not sure when ill apply but ill let you know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueskidoo)
    Just firmed Southampton for Music Just need to pass my grade 8 in the summer and I'm in.
    Has anyone had much of a look at accommodation?
    Hi! I've firmed for music too. I'm waiting my grade 8 theory results...if I pass, I'm in.

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Southampton the other day... for Law.
    Not seen any other law applicants around here though... scary.
    I am
    I missed out by one grade though...I got AAB and needed AAA. I'm going to ring them up and see if they'll have me.
    I was just wondering how long does it take them to change your status from conditional to unconditional? I met the requirements for UEA but they haven't changed it. Do you have to firm your decision before they do that...?
    Sorry if you have no idea haa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny_flum)
    I am
    I missed out by one grade though...I got AAB and needed AAA. I'm going to ring them up and see if they'll have me.
    I was just wondering how long does it take them to change your status from conditional to unconditional? I met the requirements for UEA but they haven't changed it. Do you have to firm your decision before they do that...?
    Sorry if you have no idea haa.
    They won't have to wait till you firm them, that'd be unreasonable. And if they don't reply by the early evening tonight then it looks like you'll have to wait till Monday/Tuesday I'm afraid. :sadnod:

How'd it go though, are they willing to take you on with AAB? My offer was at Foundation 65%, which roughly translates to AAB.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.