Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Has everyone got their welcome pack yet? Should I wait for it to come before I enrol?
    dont think you need to waait

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when ID card packs are sent out ... i've enrolled but been told the forms need to be sent by 10th September but i haven't received the pack yet :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it so much guys! They're not going to cut you off from the uni because your post was slower than somebody else's!

Also, I'm helping with some things in Freshers' week, Move in weekend and International Welcome Week so am looking forward to seeing some of you!

ReputationRep:
    So it turns out my ID card forms arrived beginning of this week, and my mum put them in the paper recycling trash. Luckily I dropped the box when I was taking out the rubbish tonight lol

Anyone else using those yougo forums? They've suddenly sprung into life, pretty useful for getting in touch with people before we start, although the messaging and everything sucks. Had a few facebook adds over the past few weeks as well, people seem pretty keen to get to know each other before hand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saab_101)

Anyone else using those yougo forums? They've suddenly sprung into life, pretty useful for getting in touch with people before we start, although the messaging and everything sucks. Had a few facebook adds over the past few weeks as well, people seem pretty keen to get to know each other before hand
    Yeah I've suddenly started talking to loads of people on yougo, and I got a flurry of facebook adds the other day, it's nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    Yeah I've suddenly started talking to loads of people on yougo, and I got a flurry of facebook adds the other day, it's nice
    that sounds like a plan,just need to work out how to login to yougo......
    ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    It is indeed nice lol, I'm starting to get excited now. And kinda sad and nostalgic, was clearing out my room today and found sooo many old stuff, good memories.

ANd after this long, I can still walk the dog with my yo-yo. Oh yeeeeaaaah :cool:

ReputationRep:
    No freshers pack, nor ID forms yet. Hopefully they will come this week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dusky)
    http://www.susu.org/fresh/timetable.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dusky)
    The freshers pack are being posted on 31st August I think, however I'm in the same position with no ID forms yet, don't know whether I should follow this up or not :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsabin)
    The freshers pack are being posted on 31st August I think, however I'm in the same position with no ID forms yet, don't know whether I should follow this up or not :confused:
    I just downloaded the forms from the website and sent them in (how keen ). I think you're right about them being posted on the 31st, but I doubt there's any harm in sending things in early!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gesiwuj)
    I just downloaded the forms from the website and sent them in (how keen ). I think you're right about them being posted on the 31st, but I doubt there's any harm in sending things in early!
    How do you download the ID forms? do you have a link from the website?

ReputationRep:
    i received my ID forms today. Don't worry you will receive them soon

ReputationRep:
    Got mine today too so they must be on the way

Not amused at not being able to print off my own photo even onto photo paper; means I've gotta go get some pics done. bah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Got mine today too so they must be on the way

Not amused at not being able to print off my own photo even onto photo paper; means I've gotta go get some pics done. bah.
    I'm going to ignore that and print off on photo paper, pushing up the DPI settings to maximum. I'm sure it's just there to prevent people printing out poor quality photos - we have a good quality printer. After all, a photo booth is basically a digital camera and a inkjet printer with photo paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alastor)
    I'm going to ignore that and print off on photo paper, pushing up the DPI settings to maximum. I'm sure it's just there to prevent people printing out poor quality photos - we have a good quality printer. After all, a photo booth is basically a digital camera and a inkjet printer with photo paper.
    Ok good, I was thinking of doing the same thing so I'm glad I won't be alone

Like you say, provided it's clear I can't see a problem...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Ok good, I was thinking of doing the same thing so I'm glad I won't be alone

Like you say, provided it's clear I can't see a problem...?
    Yeah I imagine so, not like they would be able to tell if the photo is not from a booth either (usually white back). Perhaps there's a distinct smell to booth photos? Not like I can see the ID people sniffing our photos... A relatively-decent photo and print on maximum settings on an inkjet with photo paper and it should be ok.

What are you studying this year?

ReputationRep:
    Are people getting the Sportrec and arts pass now/at all?

I don't see the point in the art one, unless you like gallery's and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resourceful)

I'm only getting the SportRec one because I plan to use the gym, plus you get discounts off other sporty stuff too.. So I've written a cheque out for that already - my ID letter only just came today.

Does anyone know how much (if anything) the 'lifestyle' classes cost, i.e. Salsa etc.
    The arts pass seems a bit pointless tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resourceful)

I'm ticking the boxes for both Sportrec and the arts pass (why not - cheap!)

I'm looking forward to the gym, looks quite extensive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.