Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I am moving in tomorrow. :gah:

I'm a third-year ergo a private rented house, I could have moved in on July 1st if I wanted to. :p:

:party:
    Ah, that makes sense lol.

While we're on the subject, what are the student houses like in Southampton? My brother's a 3rd year in Cardiff and both his houses so far have been a bit of a state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    Ah, that makes sense lol.

While we're on the subject, what are the student houses like in Southampton. My brother's a 3rd year in Cardiff and both his houses so far have been a bit of a state.
    I think you just have to look around - the more expensive houses tend to be in much better condition/newer, but you can always write stuff in contracts to landlords asking them to do things.

When we first saw our house for this year, it was disgusting and we only agreed to move in if they did a hell of a lot of stuff for us; luckily they accepted so we're paying £600 less a year for a house that is just as good.

ReputationRep:
    I think you just have to look around - the more expensive houses tend to be in much better condition/newer, but you can always write stuff in contracts to landlords asking them to do things.

When we first saw our house for this year, it was disgusting and we only agreed to move in if they did a hell of a lot of stuff for us; luckily they accepted so we're paying £600 less a year for a house that is just as good.
    Oooh, well done on that deal. Ta for the info

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    Haa you must be one of the only people not heading downwards. Also, you make it sound like you're moving in tomorrow?
    I'm heading up!

Also East Dorset FTW!

ReputationRep:
    Hey so I got the email about the etickets, and I printed them out, but my Montefiore JCR pack isn't on there! What about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razz24)
    Hey so I got the email about the etickets, and I printed them out, but my Montefiore JCR pack isn't on there! What about you guys?
    My Chamberlain JCR pack wasn't there either, but in the email it said:

"Not all tickets are able to be downloaded. Any JCR passes must be collected from your JCR in halls. Season passes will need to be collected from the box office in-person."

So I guess this means you get it when you arrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super_Hans)
    My Chamberlain JCR pack wasn't there either, but in the email it said:

"Not all tickets are able to be downloaded. Any JCR passes must be collected from your JCR in halls. Season passes will need to be collected from the box office in-person."

So I guess this means you get it when you arrive.
    Ahhh ok good! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    didnt any1 get more than one ticket for an event, cause i did but the e-ticket just has one ticket . confused?
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Ahh freshers :'(

I'm so old. Marcus you're like the wise grandfather of the thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCSpeerUK)
    havent even started packing at all
    :five:

Although you posted that two days ago, you're probably all set now.

I haven't done anything except put everything in several piles, and convinced myself that I've organised them into different sections so they can be packed easily :/

ReputationRep:
    I've got to pack tonight as I've just finished work, then be up early to finish packing, pick up some wages from my second job and head up to Soton.

I say 'up' because I live in SW Dorset. :p:

At least im not the only one who says up when going to southampton (living in Poole/Dorset) :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saab_101)
    :five:

Although you posted that two days ago, you're probably all set now.

I haven't done anything except put everything in several piles, and convinced myself that I've organised them into different sections so they can be packed easily :/
    nope still havent. though its definitely on the agenda for today.
    for some reason ive fooled myself into thinking this is going to be as easy as packing for holiday, i havent started to appreciate the magnitude of the task.
    oh well, itll get done by sunday. especially as us gents have to move in the afternoon so weve got the morning.

ReputationRep:
    guys quick question, is it possible for me to transfer to a different course?? and how would i go about doing so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadMaths)
    guys quick question, is it possible for me to transfer to a different course?? and how would i go about doing so.
    contact your current department?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCSpeerUK)
    nope still havent. though its definitely on the agenda for today.
    for some reason ive fooled myself into thinking this is going to be as easy as packing for holiday, i havent started to appreciate the magnitude of the task.
    oh well, itll get done by sunday. especially as us gents have to move in the afternoon so weve got the morning.
    Which reminds me, what time are us guys supposed to arrive?

ReputationRep:
    seriously, why is packing such a mission?!
    No idea how i'll lug all this stuff to some other room by myself whenever I get detwinned.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone packed yet? I don't move in until sunday, so can't make myself feel bothered enough to pack until tomorrow night lol. I think I have too much stuff

ReputationRep:
    Hurrah, I move in tomorrow!

In other news, I had to give Rynair £40 in additional weight allowances. Pfft.

ReputationRep:
    Moving in in about an hour!!! My parents overslept so I guess I can't get there super early to avoid the queues.....NERVES.

ReputationRep:
    There's not really any 'queues' :p:

Good luck with moving in guys. :yes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.