Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekkistudent)
    Hi! I've firmed for music too. I'm waiting my grade 8 theory results...if I pass, I'm in.
    Grade 8 theory- ouch! I'm glad I just need grade 8 viola, I don't think I'd ever be able to do grade 8 theory.
    Are you on a gap year then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueskidoo)
    Grade 8 theory- ouch! I'm glad I just need grade 8 viola, I don't think I'd ever be able to do grade 8 theory.
    Are you on a gap year then?
    More like gap years! I've been a web developer for a couple of years, decided it's not for me and went for music as it's been the one consistant thing I've been interested in.

Grade 8 theory is horrible. It makes the practical seem easy...which it really isn't! Because I don't have music A level (my own stupid fault, college tried to convince me to do it!) I have to get the theory as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alaroche)
    They won't have to wait till you firm them, that'd be unreasonable. And if they don't reply by the early evening tonight then it looks like you'll have to wait till Monday/Tuesday I'm afraid. :sadnod:

How'd it go though, are they willing to take you on with AAB? My offer was at Foundation 65%, which roughly translates to AAB.
    I think I'm going to email them & see if I get a reply & then phone them up if I don't, will let you know how that goes. I can imagine them saying I'd still need to wait till August & then I'll probably just go with UEA.

What's a Foundation? Did you meet your offer then?

ReputationRep:
    Just Firmed for Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny_flum)
    I think I'm going to email them & see if I get a reply & then phone them up if I don't, will let you know how that goes. I can imagine them saying I'd still need to wait till August & then I'll probably just go with UEA.

What's a Foundation? Did you meet your offer then?
    Foundation is like... a year long course for those that don't have any appropriate/recognized high school qualifications. It's done at university level but it's not actually undergrad (I'm at Oxford Brookes right now) so basically it's just glorified year 13. It was easier to get into the foundation course than it was to convince my college to let me do my A levels after I failed all my ASs. :rolleyes:

And i don't know! My average so far is 66% and that could go up or done after my May exams. I'll find out in June so heres hoping. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apocalipse117)
    Just Firmed for Physics
    Good choice The physics society were recently awarded the title of best physics society in the country...they hold the most awesome socials! (I'm an honorary physicist :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Just Firmed for Physics
    me too just have to concentrate on my a levels now.

ReputationRep:
    Just Firmed for Physics
    I see you've sigged it up... bit ambitious, no? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alaroche)
    Foundation is like... a year long course for those that don't have any appropriate/recognized high school qualifications. It's done at university level but it's not actually undergrad (I'm at Oxford Brookes right now) so basically it's just glorified year 13. It was easier to get into the foundation course than it was to convince my college to let me do my A levels after I failed all my ASs. :rolleyes:

And i don't know! My average so far is 66% and that could go up or done after my May exams. I'll find out in June so heres hoping. :yep:
    Ahh good luck!
    I got a reply back yesterday...said that due to the high number of applicants it would be unlikely. I didn't want to wait till August to find out so just went for UEA

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Southampton
    Woooooooooo :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I firmed Southampton for english and philosophy I got an unconditional offer because I'm on a gap year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandymoonlight)
    Hey, I firmed Southampton for english and philosophy I got an unconditional offer because I'm on a gap year
    :five:
    Awesome. I know several people who will be studying the course with you next year

ReputationRep:
    Firmed today for Biomed

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Physics with Astronomy.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    firmed for medicine!

It's going to be good!!

ReputationRep:
    Firming if Warwick reject me

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for civil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethaneyJ)
    firmed for medicine!

It's going to be good!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by saab_101)
    Couldn't agree more!!
    So is there going to be a TSR - Southampron Firmers Thread meet up during freshers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethaneyJ)
    Couldn't agree more!!
    So is there going to be a TSR - Southampron Firmers Thread meet up during freshers?
    :yep: I think there'll have to be.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.