The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Woo firmed for Contemporary Europe (french and spanish) :biggrin:
Can't wait for october (hopefully if i get the grades)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 141
Is there any way of getting a specific hall when applying for accommodation? I really like Monte 4 but hate Monte 1,2,3....

Some of my mates managed to write in boxes "Please can I have X Halls" somewhere on their accommodation forms but these were for different universities

Any ideas? =P
Reply 142
Firmed for Maths, unconditional... :smile:

Going for the full fees scholarship!
Reply 143
Mbharmal
Is there any way of getting a specific hall when applying for accommodation? I really like Monte 4 but hate Monte 1,2,3....

Some of my mates managed to write in boxes "Please can I have X Halls" somewhere on their accommodation forms but these where for different universities

Any ideas? =P

Not really, I'm afraid. Just hope for the best.
Firmed for economics. Gd luck all :wink:
Reply 145
Hi all!
I'm Becky, 24.
After working in retail for 8 years & getting into management & hating it... I've decided on a huge career change! So going to Southampton Uni to study Geology with Science Foundation... can't wait :biggrin:
Anyone else out there who will also be a mature undergrad?
Also I've applied for halls, any ideas how long that takes to get confirmed?

Anyone who wants to get in touch, please do! :smile:
bex85
Hi all!
I'm Becky, 24.
After working in retail for 8 years & getting into management & hating it... I've decided on a huge career change! So going to Southampton Uni to study Geology with Science Foundation... can't wait :biggrin:
Anyone else out there who will also be a mature undergrad?
Also I've applied for halls, any ideas how long that takes to get confirmed?

Anyone who wants to get in touch, please do! :smile:

Heya,

I'm 22, and will be studying music. I've also applied for halls, quite a while ago. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm imagining they wait until after results or something so it's fair.
Reply 147
Hello

I firmed for Modern Languages(english/italian). I am from Romania. See you guys in october!
Reply 148
bekkistudent
Heya,

I'm 22, and will be studying music. I've also applied for halls, quite a while ago. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm imagining they wait until after results or something so it's fair.

Thanks Bekki :smile:

Oh and I've requested to join the TSR fb group if someone can approve please? My names Becky Portman :smile:
Reply 149
You get an equal chance for rooms as long as you apply before the 1st of August deadline right? (i.e. it's not first-come-first-serve basis is it?)
Deshi
You get an equal chance for rooms as long as you apply before the 1st of August deadline right?

Yeeeeeeeep.
Reply 151
Deutsch_Beth
Yeeeeeeeep.

Saaaafe :smile:

I can concentrate on my exams for now then, haven't done any research into accomodation yet, all I want is an en-suite room :teeth:
Deshi
Saaaafe :smile:

I can concentrate on my exams for now then, haven't done any research into accomodation yet, all I want is an en-suite room :teeth:

Yeah don't worry about it yet.
An ensuite room would be lushhhh - though it would involve me deffo needing a job when im there lol, or id have about a tenner to live on per week xD

Also, thanks for the rep! You gave me my first light green gem :woo:
I've looked up accommodation policies on the Southampton website. Apparently those who are unconditional before 31st May get their offers in June/July and all other new students get them in August/September. I hope that's helpful!
Reply 154
I get my results tomorrow~~ eeeeep.

The wait is killing me.
Firmed Southampton Physics, going for MPhys.
Applying for 3rd year @Cern. HELL YES. :biggrin:
Deadline for accomodation is 1st aug?
Dang. I'm terrible with deadlines. Better get that done soon I guess. :s-smilie:
alaroche
I get my results tomorrow~~ eeeeep.

The wait is killing me.

How did you do?
Reply 157
Hello all,

I have an offer to study for a PhD at Soton, starting in February 2011!!! - I just hope things go as planned until then (currently reading for an MSc at the University of Malta - it should be over by December!)

Name: Andrea DeMarco
Course: PhD Computer Science
Other unis applied to: UEA

If there's anybody else in the same boat i.e.
1) About to start a PhD or
2) About to start studies at ECS in any way or form or
3) Knows nobody from Soton yet or
4) Wants to make some new friends or
5) Feels very terrified of goin very far away from home ALONE or
6) Somehow sympathizes with me :smile:

Let me know :smile: :smile:

I sent a request to join the "TSR Southampton University Freshers Group 2010-2011" :smile:
Reply 158
alaroche
You don't get to pick the actual hall, but you do get to pick the complex.

So you'll have an option between Wessex Lane (Which means you'll end up with either Connaught Halls or Monte 1-4) or Glen Eyre (Hartley Grove, Chamberlain, etc.) and Small Halls.

Do you get to pick the type of room?
Reply 159
Deutsch_Beth
How did you do?

I was 1% off my offer so now I have an interview on the 6th. :s-smilie:

Ram92
Do you get to pick the type of room?

Yes.

Latest

Trending

Trending