Turn on thread page Beta

Ok, help on what to do about bullying. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clair1987)
    Get them chucked out of sixth form? Surely you have emails and facebook messages of what they are up to.

Yes I have, hopefully Monday will be his last day. If not, he probably wont be bothering me again.

ReputationRep:
    The **** hole of a school I gew up in was so bad, I had to drop out. Thank god I did. I still found a job, and happyly working it without any GCSE's.

At the time I was one fat ************. I lost the weight over time... Grew some muscles and bravend up. One day I saw one of the guys that would bully the hell out of my everyday at school I see that motherFer of a **** on the bus. He tried to look at me funny with his friends (they looked like wimps) I walked right up to him before my stop, knocked the living **** out of him with one blow to the nose and walked off.

When I have nothing better to do, once I week I would punch up a bear barrel I have in my garage for about 15 minutes a week. Really helps.

Meh.

ReputationRep:
    Here's what you do.

1) Drink two cans of very strong lager
    2) Watch Green Street

Go into school and kick the living **** out of the leader of the bullies. Bet they'll leave you alone soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it fairly easy to avoid specific people in sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    Take a knife to school.

ReputationRep:
    Learn Wing Chun

ReputationRep:
    If they keep doing it, I wouldn't just stand there and take it. My best advice is too confront them and show that you're not scared. I would advise you not too get involved in any physical contact as this could have a number of consequences (e.g. suspension from school). Im hoping that if you're in sixth form, the boys/girls will have some common sense to leave the situation as it is, and go no further (E.g. fighting).

If you have any friends who are quite big (physically), then ask them to stand by you when you confront them so that you will feel more confident.

[Note: When I say 'confront', I dont mean go upto the bully, nose-to-nose, maybe say something back which may not insult them, but will suprise them. Hopefully you get where i'm coming from]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damienbearhands)
    I did move schools, I was bullied in Primary school, then when I went to a completely different secondary school, on my own, I got bullied, only reason why I stayed on for Sixth Form there was because all my friends went to the Sixth Form, plus it's closer.
    Oh right... Well, why don't you just tell a teacher? Plus, I swear you can like sue people for bullying these days and get like £2000. Why don't you go to the doctor, tell him how depressed you are and then prosecute him! I'm pretty sure that would make him stop Although, I'm not entirely sure how the system works lol

ReputationRep:
    Does your school have an anti-bullying policy? I think it's a legal requirement by now.

If so, can't you consult that and see what can be done about it? I mean, that's what they're there for.

Unless, of course, I'm putting too much faith in the system. In any case, don't sink to their level and beat them up. You may not come out the victor and it may only spur them on...

ReputationRep:
    man up and get him sorted

ReputationRep:
    Ignore anyone telling you to tell someone. This will not help, in any circumstances. Most times it will make no difference, and possibly make it worse. It's down to you, to put it bluntly.

I had your problem in year 11. I was too chicken to go and actually do something constructive to stop it, so all the emotions; anger, depression etc welled up inside me until I beat his head into a locker. Got me 3 days suspension but boy did it shut that moron up.

Now I'm not saying to follow my route - CERTAINLY not in a college/school (mine was pretty lax with its rules, yours could be much stricter, so don't do it there) - but if you do, make sure its in a quiet place, where you can 'get your point across' without any interruptions.

Maybe you're not such a fighter? You don't need to be - just have a 'quiet word'. Again, quiet place, get this guy on his own and set him straight. You'll need to be menacing though - he genuinely does have to be scared.

Hope this helps mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    Isn't it fairly easy to avoid specific people in sixth form?

Not if it's a lot of them.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry to hear that you're getting bullied. I, personally, believe that a continuation in bullying results occurs in people who are 'reactive' to the comments/physical acts of bullying. Try to just ignore it all for a few weeks and see how that goes: keep walking if they shout anything out and ignore any kind of physical confrontation. Adding to the sentiments of letsdothetimewarpagain, physical violence is not the way to deal with this; especially in 6th form.

Feel free to pm me about whatever.

ReputationRep:
    To let everyone know, the school know about the e-mails and the bullying, and the Head of Sixth Form is going to talk to said individual who'm I want to punch in the face on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Not if it's a lot of them.
    Yeah, I guess.

If you told your head of sixth form, what do you think they'd do? Because I reckon if this had happened to me and I'd told mine, he'd have made the bullies feel pretty stupid. And they'd have to either stop, or he'd be telling them they were too stupid and immature to even be in sixth form, and hopefully kicking them out. Is your head of sixth form usually helpful?

ReputationRep:
    She knows about the e-mails that I've been sent. She has them in her inbox, so, we'll see what happens from there. To: nolongerhearthemusic

ReputationRep:
    Basically put, I've been bullyed since reception. But in A-levels and years 10 and 11 it was bad.
    But lower Sixth right now has become unbearable in the last few days, and I am quite annoyed and depressed right now.

Okay, so question time:
    Do I go thump this one guy who's been doing the most bullying or... do I do something else?

Your thoughts please.

Thanks.
    Inject yourself with testerone(work out - gym) and then you're ready to confront those disgustin bullies!

ReputationRep:
    Bullied in year 12... This goes on? You're not a kid now, avoid them, ignore thew.

ReputationRep:
    hit first
    hit fast
    hit hard

works with both violence & words.

ReputationRep:
    Bullied in A-levels? wtaf?

You'd expect people to be a bit more mature. You need to make sure that this bullying doesn't deter you from achieving the grades you need.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.