The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
astros4ws
did u get asked about copper sulphate by don fraser

and about a tube through the centre of the earth and dropping a ball down it?

and radioactive dating?

and any maths?

was teddy hall ur second choice then? did u have a look round?

Got the question about dropping a ball through the centre of the earth, he one about radioactive dating and also a maths one - calculus related.
Had an interview at St Edmund Hall and the interviewers were very friendly. Didn't get to look round it and was pretty happy to get allocated my first choice St. Annes.
Reply 21
And I'm going to St Anne's too so I'm pretty happy! :biggrin:
Reply 22
Sazzle
And I'm going to St Anne's too so I'm pretty happy! :biggrin:

I think it's THE college to be. Only take the best candidates :tongue: What am i going to do in my GAP year now then. lol.
Reply 23
Go volcano hunting?

Definately the BEST college!
Reply 24
Sazzle
Go volcano hunting?

Definately the BEST college!

Hmmmm sounds interesting. What have you got planned for the rest of your year?
Reply 25
Staying at this job until Beg. July, then working for the Geological Survey for the summer.
Reply 26
Sazzle
Staying at this job until Beg. July, then working for the Geological Survey for the summer.

What are you doing for the geological survey? How did you manage to get something like that?
Reply 27
It's the N. Ireland branch, I met the big chief at a presentation for top a-level results and got chatting to him, I followed that up with an e-mail and he offered me the work. I think it's mainly field work sampling soil, sediment and water.
Reply 28
Sazzle
It's the N. Ireland branch, I met the big chief at a presentation for top a-level results and got chatting to him, I followed that up with an e-mail and he offered me the work. I think it's mainly field work sampling soil, sediment and water.

It's always bloody connections. lol.
Reply 29
Sarco
It's always bloody connections. lol.

It's called networking :biggrin:
Reply 30
Sazzle
It's called networking :biggrin:

Damn Buzzwords!
Reply 31
nice one, well done, tho teddy hall is better (j/k)

volcano hunting wud be very good, so far iv been to vesuvius and lanzarote which were both awesome. im hoping to do a phd about volcanoes.
astros4ws

if u were to put a fridge in a perfectly insulated room and opened the door what wud happen to the temp? it stays the same

I thought it would get hotter.
Reply 33
heat is absorbed from inside fridge by collant and heat is then lost out back of fridge but if room is insulated then the heat stays in the room so temp stays same.
astros4ws
heat is absorbed from inside fridge by collant and heat is then lost out back of fridge but if room is insulated then the heat stays in the room so temp stays same.

Wouldn't the motor create additional heat?
Reply 35
quite possibly and so would the plug socket but i think that was meant to be ignored, stupid question if u ask me
astros4ws
quite possibly and so would the plug socket but i think that was meant to be ignored, stupid question if u ask me

Ah, I see.
Reply 37
astros4ws

Obviously not that stupid if your still explaining the answer a week after the interview. Gets you thinking which was the main idea of the interview.

Latest

Trending

Trending