Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Used to be a no-nonsense PG Tips-with-milk-and-two-sugars girl.

But since starting Uni and buying my own tea bags I have Earl Grey on its own I've tried some delicious jasminey stuff (not that, but something beginning with J), some not-so-nice strawberry flavoured stuff, and some nice camomile stuff that smells like my old rabbit, reminds me of Peter Rabbit, and tastes delicious :coma: My friend came round yesterday and had a laugh at the four or five different boxes of teabags scattered around my room.

ReputationRep:
    I like my tea with 4 table spoons of sugar and one quart of milk.

ReputationRep:
    Normal tea?.
    Quite milky.
    2 teaspoons of sugar.

I do prefer coffee but you cant beat a cup of tea now and again

ReputationRep:
    Milk, two sugars.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I can't drink Tea :cry2: but I love all sorts of Herbal Tea Today I have bog standard Chamomile (which is stone cold...needs warming up in the microwave) but got a few types from a tea shop in London which are amazing...Lavender Tea is the best thing when I'm stressed out :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by EvilSheep)
    Well for me, chai should be without milk, which is the way I learnt to drink it in Tanzania, and how my friends learnt to drink it in Kenya. I'm not saying that this is THE correct way of drinking it, but it's the way I want my chai..
    Oh, well that's fair enough then. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Persian style, aka:

Yes, like this! No one seems to understand that it actually tastes good like this, they just find it odd.

ReputationRep:
    Tetley Earl Grey Lemon or Tetley Earl Grey Strong (I think those are unavailable in the UK, I'm getting it from the continent)

loads of sugar - 3-4 sugars if not more, 2-3 slices of lemon or lemon juice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesare Borgia)
    Can't drink it, can't drink hot, drinks they make me retch.

Never even tried iced tea.
    I feel the same way with cold drinks, in fact I really hate drinking cold water and would rather have it at room temperature.
    Most of the time I like plain tea, no milk and no sugar. Earl Grey I can make an exception.

My teas:
    *Sencha (green)
    *Genmaicha (green tea with brown rice)
    *Earl Grey (milk with 2 sugars)
    *Silver White Tea
    *Oolong
    *English Breakfast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GRankin)
    As I sit here drinking my standard pg tips tea a bit of milk and two sugars, I wonder how everyone else likes their tea? Sugar no sugar etc. But also what kind of tea people drink. I love my English breakfast tea but do lots of people drink chai or earl grey, for example, and do they have anything with it? I love tea
    my taste in tea is scarily identical to yours :p:

ReputationRep:
    Earl and Lady Grey is yummy as is Chai tea

milk and 2 sweeteners, and none of that teacup rubbish, I need a big mug not a namby pamby small cup!

ReputationRep:
    Milk, 2 sugars.
    I also like peppermint tea and raspberry tea. Twinings benefit blends are nice every once in a while too.

ReputationRep:
    different teas for different times of the day.

Morning - english breakfast (never would have guessed that) Milk no sugar

Afternoon - either Darjeeling (no milk, no sugar) or Earl grey (slice of lemon permitting)

Evening - spiced green tea (very good just before bed)

yes, i am a bit of a tea snob.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by EvilSheep)
    Well for me, chai should be without milk, which is the way I learnt to drink it in Tanzania, and how my friends learnt to drink it in Kenya. I'm not saying that this is THE correct way of drinking it, but it's the way I want my chai..
    Soy Chai Tea Latte was a bit of a fad over here for a while...I reckon more for how the name sounded rather than anything else :giggle:...never heard of anyone drinking it with cow's milk though :hmmmm: (other than on here of course) always either with the soy milk or on it's own :yep:

Like many teas it's a diverse drink :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Rooibos tea please

ReputationRep:
    Milk, no sugar, a nice light brown colour.

That or just straight tea, no milk, quite strong :yy:

ReputationRep:
    ROOIBOS or chai masala, but I also like some pukka and yogi herbal teas like cinnamon spice.

I tried bubble tea for the novelty.. is kinda strange, like large tapioca or chia seeds in it.

I'm a coffee person really. If any normal tea, white or very light green.

ReputationRep:
    Usually Twinnings Earl Grey with 1 or 2 sugar, never with milk, sometimes Assam. Lately I bought a green tea with cinnamon, it's just great in the evening with 1 sugar. I drink quite a lot of coffee as well, black and bitter espresso, sometimes spiced with cinnamon and cardamon.

ReputationRep:
    I literally drink all tea (that I've tried, anyway). I think it's a hot drinks thing. I barely eat cold food (always have hot breakfast, lunch and dinner), and only really have cold drinks when exercising, or when I'm out at night.

At the moment, I have in my cupboard:
    -normal tea (PG tips)
    -chai (Twinings, and a different brand that I found in the foreign foods section of Tesco yesterday)
    -earl grey
    -vanilla tea
    -"spice imperial" tea (orange and spices)
    -green tea with lemon
    -green tea with jasmine
    -mint and liquorice tea
    -rooibos

Actually, I just realised there is some tea I don't like. I don't like most fruit teas, because they just taste of slightly sour water. Things like apple and cinnamon are ok, but red fruits are normally horrible. They always look and smell so nice, then taste of nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Yorkshire Tea, milk, 2 sugars. With a side of Rich Tea, perfection.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.