Turn on thread page Beta

Unwanted attention.. watch

ReputationRep:
    This may seem quite big headed but I seem to get a lot of attention from the opposite sex. Staring, comments, whistles etc. It makes me feel very uncomfortable. I never know where to look or anything.

I'm actually very good looking (I'm not big headed, people tell me this very often) so this is probably why but I hate being made to feel this way all awkward and that when it's something I can't help!!!

Anyone else feel this way sometimes ? How do you deal with it ?

ReputationRep:
    Don't really get it about my looks....but just in general I hate compliments cos I never know how to take them.

ReputationRep:
    I hate compliments, especially as I'm married, luckily I act for a living, so can just act it off, but I would just attempt to ignore it as if it's not happened. PM me if you wanna chat.

ReputationRep:
    And this thread so isn't going to generate any attention, Whoever claims I don't want any attention... sigh

Obviously you want attention else this wouldn't have been posted...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatal_Microbes)
    And this thread so isn't going to generate any attention, Whoever claims I don't want any attention... sigh

Obviously you want attention else this wouldn't have been posted...
    Well this is where you're wrong because the problem is attention about my fine looks. If I were to post a picture of myself also, then I would accept your accusations of fishing. But as I've kept my looks to myself - I resent your petty comment and would kindly ask you to jog on.

Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Wear a full metal diving suit wherever you go.

You will get attention but of a different kind.

ReputationRep:
    lesigh...i wish i was getting attention XD
    you should just flash them your hand so they can see a ring :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareramos)
    I hate compliments, especially as I'm married, luckily I act for a living, so can just act it off, but I would just attempt to ignore it as if it's not happened. PM me if you wanna chat.

ReputationRep:
    i know what you mean
    its a hard life haha

i was walking through my local shopping centre today and got asked out by a guy in the orange mobile shop
    and the other day i walked past these guys and they all checked me out and said how fit i 'apparently' am
    me being crap at accepting compliments went bright red and practically ran away ahah

Gosh, what a terrible problem, I really feel sorry for you! I can believe why you want want to post this on a student forum, and of course your not big headed and arrogant!

I suggest you become a nun/monk somewhere far far away from us, then you will be away from these upsetting experiences and will not bother anyone else with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lasuil)
    lesigh...i wish i was getting attention XD
    you should just flash them your hand so they can see a ring :P
    I wear mine on the right hand (as I am Spanish), so would have to wear a ring on my left ring finder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blinkers..)
    Well this is where you're wrong because the problem is attention about my fine looks. If I were to post a picture of myself also, then I would accept your accusations of fishing. But as I've kept my looks to myself - I resent your petty comment and would kindly ask you to jog on.

Many thanks.
    What difference does it make if you claim to be good looking.
    Thats no difference to people claiming their predicted 4A*'s at A-level and and have been accepted at oxbridge.

You make a post complaining about unwanted attention.
    Well you're going to gain attention by posting in such a manner.
    I am clearly pointing out the mere hypocrisy that can be viewed by you're post.

It's the same as some guy posting I got my **** stuck in a toilet seat, please don't laugh at me k thx bye...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Reks)
    You could go and be a mean '*****' to them,

like the following:

Your ******** won't survive another minute until they feel pain or are twisted off.

ReputationRep:
    What difference does it make if you claim to be good looking.
    Thats no difference to people claiming their predicted 4A*'s at A-level and and have been accepted at oxbridge.

You make a post complaining about unwanted attention.
    Well you're going to gain attention by posting in such a manner.
    I am clearly pointing out the mere hypocrisy that can be viewed by you're post.

It's the same as some guy posting I got my **** stuck in a toilet seat, please don't laugh at me k thx bye...
    would kindly ask you to jog on
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leona.Jane)
    i know what you mean
    its a hard life haha

i was walking through my local shopping centre today and got asked out by a guy in the orange mobile shop
    and the other day i walked past these guys and they all checked me out and said how fit i 'apparently' am
    me being crap at accepting compliments went bright red and practically ran away ahah
    Exactly!! It's not nice having to rush through your bag to quickly find your phone, so you can pretend you're busy and didn't hear whilst walking briskly trying not to trip up. Urgh. It's not fun!

ReputationRep:
    vv

ReputationRep:
    :woo:
    When you can come up with a valid argument that catergorically means I cannot deny you're an attention seeking fool PM me.
    Until that point I will leave you to claim that you're so great and you can't stand the attention, when deep down you know the opposite is true and you started this thread to get some attention.

I know my replies are making you *** right now, so enjoy it buddy, maybe one day you will gain some genuine attention you deserve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Reks)
    What the hell are you on about?
    you happened to wink after you quoted my post, which can be a sign of flirting etc, but I used you as an example of another way you could react to unwanted attention, well a way a girl could react anyway.

ReputationRep:
    When you can come up with a valid argument that catergorically means I cannot deny you're an attention seeking fool PM me.
    Until that point I will leave you to claim that you're so great and you can't stand the attention, when deep down you know the opposite is true and you started this thread to get some attention.

I know my replies are making you *** right now, so enjoy it buddy, maybe one day you will gain some genuine attention you deserve.
    would kindly ask you to jog on

ReputationRep:
    What's the problem really? You see so many threads about people feeling down about no one noticing them and not being able to get a boyfriend/girlfriend; I'm sure they'd kill to be in your shoes. Why not count yourself lucky and use it to your advantage? Unless, of course, you're not attracting the the type people you want?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.