Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever fallen in love with a celebrity? Watch

Not fallen in love because I don't know the person. I have a big crush on Robert Sheehan though :drool:

(Original post by Stalin)
    The One Show host, Christine Bleakley.

Oh no :facepalm: She's annoying

ReputationRep:
    I had an unhealthy obsession with Mcfly a few years ago lol actually had dreams about meeting them and them telling me they loved me. However i wouldnt say i loved them just fancied a hell of a lot.
    Good job i grew out of that !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    This girl went to my school.

Let me know if you want to read the text, I can post closer-up photos.

I have become deeply "interested" in celebrities, but never to the point of complete obsession - I've always recognised that they're just crushes that mean nothing. It's nice to bask in them though.
    I remember reading that with my friend from uni and I couldn't stop laughing, some of the things she did and said was just like WTF?!

For me, I am obssessed with Rob Pattinson, it is not good! Although I'm not a stalker or anything and I'm not in love with him just the idea of being with him.

There's no way you can say you love a celeb, you don't know them you only know their public image.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No.

<3

ReputationRep:
    No. Don't tend to lust after celebs. One exception to the rule is Caleb Followill, have had a thing for him for years. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    This girl went to my school.

Let me know if you want to read the text, I can post closer-up photos.

I have become deeply "interested" in celebrities, but never to the point of complete obsession - I've always recognised that they're just crushes that mean nothing. It's nice to bask in them though.
    Can you post it closer up, I really want to read it :p:
    Where she says she's 'married' to Gary Barlow it reminds me of this;
    http://www.thelondonpaper.com/thelon...atric-hospital

Tis a slippery slope!

To answer the original question, no. I have my crushes, everyone does but I think celebrity worship is demeaning to yourself, as you put someone on a pedestal in the mistaken belief that they are better than you just because they are rich and in the public eye. A lot of them I probably wouldn't even want to be friends with, let alone go out with or marry.

ReputationRep:
    I want to read it too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    I am kevin mccloud. PM me more naked pictures.
    no kevin you missed your chance :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I had quite the crush on Orlando Bloom when I was around 14/15 Wasn't love but I used to look up Youtube videos of him at award ceremonies, his old movies and all that.

Still drool at him all done up in Pirates of the Caribbean costumes xD

ReputationRep:
    No, of course not. I don't understand how anyone could truly fall in love with someone they don't know, particularly if you've never even met them! As somebody said earlier in this thread, with celebrities all you see is their public image. You don't know what they're actually like as people.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to marry T.I.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angrybanana)
    Can you post it closer up, I really want to read it :p:
    Where she says she's 'married' to Gary Barlow it reminds me of this;
    http://www.thelondonpaper.com/thelon...atric-hospital

Tis a slippery slope!

To answer the original question, no. I have my crushes, everyone does but I think celebrity worship is demeaning to yourself, as you put someone on a pedestal in the mistaken belief that they are better than you just because they are rich and in the public eye. A lot of them I probably wouldn't even want to be friends with, let alone go out with or marry.
    Here are the close-ups:
    http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._7142024_n.jpg
    http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1703129_n.jpg

She posted these on her Facebook - I am assuming she doesn't mind people knowing about it! (Not to mention that the article was in a national magazine.) She did say they made a lot of stuff up, which I can believe. I don't think she's a "baker"! But still ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazuliblue)
    Um, no.

I do however tell anyone who will listen that I love Johnny Depp.
    lol he's an amazing actor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    It's not an attempt at sounding smart. If you read the article you'll see that it differs. Limerence is an involuntary cognitive and emotional state: Infatuation. Not love. You could think of it as an obsessive desire for love.

Anyway, I don't want to labour the point. To sum up: You can't be in love with someone you don't know and haven't met; you can feel an intense romantic desire, but that's not love.
    oh, are you saying that love is not an involuntary cognitive and emotional state?

clearly that definition could apply to both terms: love or infatuation.

screw you and your neg rep lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Taylor Swift.

ReputationRep:
    Me and Zac Efron are to marry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    hes in my sig :love:
    Which one? Dan, Chuck or Nate???
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    John Barrowman :yep: :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    JUSTIN BIEBER - i know, he's like 13, he's probably MUCH shorter than me and sounds like a broken record, but damn, he's bringing sexy back.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.