Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ughh so I had a bit of an accident today, basically my drivers side wing mirror got hit and now it's still attached but hanging off the side of the car. The glass is also gone. Does anybody know anywhere that fixes wing mirrors, preferably in a day, or Saturday to Sunday? It's just that I'm only in this city until Sunday and then I have to drive home via the motorway...

ReputationRep:
    use duct tape xD
    thats what we did when my friends broke on the way to cornwall

ReputationRep:
    Find a scrapyard, mirror won't be that hard to fix yourself. Unless it's got electric parts..

ReputationRep:
    Scrappy, doubt most garages will stock mirrors since they are all different.

Mine broke, I ordered one online, maybe try do that by 24hr or express delivery?

I managed to fit mine in 20 mins, I just removed the old damaged and broken one and screwed the new one back in and plugged the connector together that I unplugged from the old one (it is for the motor to adjust the view).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the ideas, but has anyone got any that don't include fixing it myself? I'm pathetically girly like that and my dads out the country.

ReputationRep:
    How old is the car, and what car is it. That would depend on your luck with a scrapyard. If there's no mirror, then you might be better off just buying a whole new door mirror, depending on the car, and if it doesn't have the electric motor.

Go to a garage tomorrow, and let them sort it, that'd probably be the simplest option.

ReputationRep:
    This site seems as if it has been attacked by /b/.

OP, I think Kwik Fit will fit the wing mirror, but I doubt they'll have them in stock. You'd probably need to take a replacement to them.

ReputationRep:
    Garage will charge you an arm and a leg! Ford wanted £90 just for the glass - I bought a whole new unit for £20 from a scrappy and just had to paint it costing maybe another tenner max. Dont you have any mates who can fix stuff like that?

ReputationRep:
    Would be helpful if you tell us what car it is? It's a very very simple job to remove the old wing mirror and attach the new wing mirror. It does cost around £20-30 from scrapyard.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.