Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here had 'disciplinary action' for their attendance (or lack of) at UCL lectures? Or has anyone else had problems with attendance (i.e. it fell below 70%) but not recieved any warnings/disciplinary action/etc? If so, what were your experiences?

I'd be really grateful for any information (and, if the opportunity ever arises, I shall buy you a pint to say thankyou).

ReputationRep:
    Well if you have a valid reason I am sure they wouldn't mind if your attendance fellow below 70%...

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping that's true. Do you know anyone who's attendance has fallen below 70%, and hasn't been suspended?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even have any idea what my attendance is.

ReputationRep:
    I think a week of lectures equates to 10% attendance, so anyone who's missed three weeks or more worth of lectures is below 70%.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to bump up an old thread, but does anyone get notified in due course if there attendance falls below 70%? I don't want to be revising for a final then out of nowhere get told I can't do it.

Thanks for any replies.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Basma)
    Sorry to bump up an old thread, but does anyone get notified in due course if there attendance falls below 70%? I don't want to be revising for a final then out of nowhere get told I can't do it.

Thanks for any replies.
    Make sure your course actually makes lectures compulsory first :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Make sure your course actually makes lectures compulsory first :P
    would they specifically say in the introductory lecture? They haven't mentioned it for us.

The problem is, the chemistry building has pass entry, but i don't know... I hope it's not significant
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Basma)
    would they specifically say in the introductory lecture? They haven't mentioned it for us.

The problem is, the chemistry building has pass entry, but i don't know... I hope it's not significant
    Talk to the office for your department. For my course you need a pass to get in but lectures aren't compulsory. Seminars and labs are and they take attendance for that. Definitely check what exactly the rules are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Talk to the office for your department. For my course you need a pass to get in but lectures aren't compulsory. Seminars and labs are and they take attendance for that. Definitely check what exactly the rules are!
    Alright, finger's crossed it will be okay for me haha. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    My attendance was extremely low in my first year (less than 10%), they dont really take a register though but some lecturers will deduct marks from your final grade if they notice your attendance is horrible.

Different stories for the Labs/tutorials/seminars though, they are far more important and they take attendance seriously. (If you miss more than 2 labs on my course you must repeat the year)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.