Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Confused about hot boys.... im just an average looking female watch

Today i was coming home from uni and waiting to catch my tube.
    Three boys came to the same platform,... at first i didn't really notice, then i saw two of them looking at me:p: ... and i just looked away and didnt think it was anthing. I recognised one... ive seen him a few times before but i dont remember where (im sure at my college).

Anyways at first glance i did realise that i was quite attracted to them... all three of them were good looking :sogood:

We then got on the same train, it was packed and i ended up sitting oppsite them on the other side. This is awkard but i just noticed that at first they were all looking at me... i got quite embarassed and took my book out to read. Whenever i looked up, atleast one of them would glance over. There was one in particular :sogood: ... i would describe all of them as HOT, this is bad.. but i just didnt know which one to look at lol :o:

So the thing is... i would describe myself as average looking.. even when im dressed up id say average... and i wasnt wearing anything revealing (and today was one of my bad days). I do get a little attention when im dressed up though, but im still confused to why i was getting attention from these guys... who i could describe as out of my league (lookwise).

So guys why would you give a girl who is an average to you, attention?

ReputationRep:
    when you're good looking sometimes you just try it on with anyone for sport.... to keep you sharp, so to say.

It's either that or you're downplaying your looks perdy lady

ReputationRep:
    Perhapsif you're not generically stunning-looking, you have something about you and your appearance that they found attractive?

ReputationRep:
    You probably just don't realise how attractive you are :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    *undoes trousers*

PICS

ReputationRep:
    Guys will notice something about a girl to make her hot.

For example- if you have 'blowjob lips/eyes', or a 'rideable @ss' (I try not to use these descriptions, its just funny when I hear other guys use em and, yeah, you cant help notice )

So they probably said something along those lines. Maybe you reminded them of someone? Or..most probably, your better looking than you think

ReputationRep:
    'Out of my league' is a riddiculous concept. Do not ever believe in it.

In my experience most girls are above what people would describe as 'average looking', and the real averagely attractive girl, is actually quite attractive indeed. Maybe its just me, i don't know, but also sometimes when people aren't trying is when they look the cutest, and you can really see natural beauty, not layers of make-up and dresses and everything 'perfect'

Whatever the case, just enjoy it. If something similar happens again then mayeb you're underrating yourself. If not, then enjoy the fact that it happened and maybe try to find those guys again and start a conversation, maybe flirt a little and see what happens.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Today i was coming home from uni and waiting to catch my tube.
    Three boys came to the same platform,... at first i didn't really notice, then i saw two of them looking at me:p: ... and i just looked away and didnt think it was anthing. I recognised one... ive seen him a few times before but i dont remember where (im sure at my college).

Anyways at first glance i did realise that i was quite attracted to them... all three of them were good looking :sogood:

We then got on the same train, it was packed and i ended up sitting oppsite them on the other side. This is awkard but i just noticed that at first they were all looking at me... i got quite embarassed and took my book out to read. Whenever i looked up, atleast one of them would glance over. There was one in particular :sogood: ... i would describe all of them as HOT, this is bad.. but i just didnt know which one to look at lol :o:

So the thing is... i would describe myself as average looking.. even when im dressed up id say average... and i wasnt wearing anything revealing (and today was one of my bad days). I do get a little attention when im dressed up though, but im still confused to why i was getting attention from these guys... who i could describe as out of my league (lookwise).

So guys why would you give a girl who is an average to you, attention?
    You're clearly eye candy and asking us to confirm this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4d)
    Guys will notice something about a girl to make her hot.

For example- if you have 'blowjob lips/eyes', or a 'rideable @ss' (I try not to use these descriptions, its just funny when I hear other guys use em and, yeah, you cant help notice )

So they probably said something along those lines. Maybe you reminded them of someone? Or..most probably, your better looking than you think
    Haha this is so true I hear my guy mates talking about horrendously ugly girls but say 'they would' due to her blowjob lips.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't a league table where people pair up with people at the same point in the league as them. You may consider yourself average, but to him you might be the cutest thing he has ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conor Tickner)
    'Out of my league' is a riddiculous concept. Do not ever believe in it.

In my experience most girls are above what people would describe as 'average looking', and the real averagely attractive girl, is actually quite attractive indeed. Maybe its just me, i don't know, but also sometimes when people aren't trying is when they look the cutest, and you can really see natural beauty, not layers of make-up and dresses and everything 'perfect'

Whatever the case, just enjoy it. If something similar happens again then mayeb you're underrating yourself. If not, then enjoy the fact that it happened and maybe try to find those guys again and start a conversation, maybe flirt a little and see what happens.

Good luck
    averagely attractive girl?
    i'm lost

ReputationRep:
    maybe he thought you were cute

ReputationRep:
    OP you are hot.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell are 'blowjob lips'?

OP I've been getting quite a bit of attention from attractive guys of late and I too am puzzled as I'm definitely not 'hot' lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glee)
    averagely attractive girl?
    i'm lost
    Sorry, maybe I didn't explain as well as I should have.

This is all in my experience so you may have found differently or disagree but still:
    If all girls' attractiveness is rated on a scale of 1-100, then what people usually mean when they say 'average looking' is about 30-40.
    On the other hand, if you took all the girls and ordered them in a line of most to least attractive, the middle one would be about 60-70. much higher than 'average looking'.

Having read that back, it might not have made it any clearer. Basically, I think there are a lot more attractive girls around than there are unnattractive, the truly 'average looking' girl, is one who is actually quite attractive.

Using my scale thingy, there's a difference between a girl who rates 50/100 and a girl who is average looking.

I waffle on too much lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)

OP I've been getting quite a bit of attention from attractive guys of late and I too am puzzled as I'm definitely not 'hot' lol.
    Full lips? idk

ReputationRep:
    If you where conveniently in front of them then you where probably the easiest female to look at/the nicest thing to look at. It's like if you where on a bus going past some mountains, you'de rather look at them then the back of the seat; same thing here perhaps, they'de rather look at you than stare at the no smoking signs
    OR
    you are hot (kind of ties in with the 1st thing)
    OR
    they didn't want to appear queer in front of each other :p: we're wierd like that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    It isn't a league table where people pair up with people at the same point in the league as them. You may consider yourself average, but to him you might be the cutest thing he has ever seen.
    Yep, not everyone has the same opinion of what is attractive and what isn't.

However, if there was 3 lads, then chances are you're more attractive than you think - even if you can't see it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)

Girls often really don't know what hot is for guys. They think they do because they are always talking about what other girls are hot or not, but end up disagreeing with guys themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conor Tickner)
    Sorry, maybe I didn't explain as well as I should have.

This is all in my experience so you may have found differently or disagree but still:
    If all girls' attractiveness is rated on a scale of 1-100, then what people usually mean when they say 'average looking' is about 30-40.
    On the other hand, if you took all the girls and ordered them in a line of most to least attractive, the middle one would be about 60-70. much higher than 'average looking'.

Having read that back, it might not have made it any clearer. Basically, I think there are a lot more attractive girls around than there are unnattractive, the truly 'average looking' girl, is one who is actually quite attractive.

Using my scale thingy, there's a difference between a girl who rates 50/100 and a girl who is average looking.

I waffle on too much lol
    haa you know your stuff! I havent started my scale

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.