Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard from st andrews for psychology yet or a joint honours degree featuring psychology or German)? i havent heard from them and most of my friends who have applied there have. i know psychology is notoriously slow which is why im asking subject specific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah)
    Has anybody heard from st andrews for psychology yet or a joint honours degree featuring psychology or German)? i havent heard from them and most of my friends who have applied there have. i know psychology is notoriously slow which is why im asking subject specific.

i applied to chemistry at st andrews, not heard a bloody thing and i applied 2 months ago, not heard from edinburgh either, are scottish universities typically slower to reply?

ReputationRep:
    I've had an offer from st andrews for a joint in maths and psychology, but i think the application may have been processed by the maths dept not psychology.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    YES YES YES THEY ARE SLOOOW! I've gotten all of my offers for psychology except for St. Andrews which is very frustrating! Someone do something!!! Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they are trying to be fair and waiting till all the applications are in before they decide!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they are trying to be fair and waiting till all the applications are in before they decide!
    When will all the applications be in?

ReputationRep:
    ive had an offer to do eco at st andrews, that came pretty quickly maybe it depends on the department or somethin!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer from St Andrews for Sociology/Psychology joint honours yesterday. I think everything slowed up loads for xmas and now decisions are starting to filter thru! Good luck tho! Has anyone been to look round yet? What are ur thoughts on the place? xx

ReputationRep:
    No I havent been yet. I really want to go though coz i think its the sort of place you would either love or hate once youd seen it. Did you get an invitation to an open day?

ReputationRep:
    I havent had an invite....May go up tho, do u know of any open days arranged? Need to look round b4 I make up my mind really! Wonder if Ill bump into any princes....

ReputationRep:
    Ho hum still not heard anything and am starting to get ever so slightly impatient! On a brighter note, my offers from other unis have finally started to appear on the ucas website!

ReputationRep:
    got an offer for psychology/philosophy ABB good offer now just wait to go and see it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckispaghetti)
    I just got an offer from St Andrews for Sociology/Psychology joint honours yesterday. I think everything slowed up loads for xmas and now decisions are starting to filter thru! Good luck tho! Has anyone been to look round yet? What are ur thoughts on the place? xx
    i went on a visit and fell in love with the place! !its my top choice! absolutly loved it! its really nice!i applied to do chemistry i havent heard a thing! but still hopeful

ReputationRep:
    I dont think their reply process is great, i got a letter from UCAS ages ago offering a place and then got a letter from st andrews this morning saying that they were considering my application.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing Yet And It's Annoying Me!! :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Nothing Yet And It's Annoying Me!! :d
    my friends are waiting too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    my friends are waiting too
    Phew!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Phew!
    dont worry about it

ReputationRep:
    i've applied both for psychology and for psychology and german, and have still heard nothing!!!! got offers from everywhere else though, bar Durham....hope you hear soon!!!

ReputationRep:
    ive got an offer to read chemistry, finally yay! dunno whether to go tho, how u think it compares to other chemistry departments, is it internationally recognised, its a huge commitment to move so far away!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.