Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have a problem: I hate almost everyone I meet. watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's really a problem unless you show it. I dislike a lot of people.

ReputationRep:
    you need to deal with this, cuz i'm sure you're coming of as a douche or its a huge obstacle in getting to know people.

maybe try relaxing your views a bit and making an attempt to enjoy peoples flaws a bit more... if that makes any sense.

ReputationRep:
    i think i can diagnose this.
    you are a ******

ReputationRep:
    I used to feel like this as a teenager, but since I've got older I've become more tolerant. How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would you be requesting help from, by definition, people you hate? Surely they're the last people who you would want to listen to.

ReputationRep:
    Most people dislike other people but they dont show it. Instead they pretend to like everyone. This applies to 99% of people...and I hate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    Why on earth would you be requesting help from, by definition, people you hate? Surely they're the last people who you would want to listen to.
    OK, sorry, I'll go back to talking to Philip, my pet giraffe - I'm sure he can help me out.

(PS - I can just imagine the Malfoyesque sneer with which these lines would be delivered. God I hate you.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x y z)
    I don't think it's really a problem unless you show it. I dislike a lot of people.
    It's odd. I hate these people, they repulse me, yet at the same time I need them to be happy....or rather they have the ability to cause me extreme unhappiness: my happiness rests with them.

I think I'll go and join a Buddhist convent in rural Nepal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGC)
    It's odd. I hate these people, they repulse me, yet at the same time I need them to be happy....or rather they have the ability to cause me extreme unhappiness: my happiness rests with them.

I think I'll go and join a Buddhist convent in rural Nepal.
    Doesn't that mean you care about them then? :confused: I always thought it was only the people closest to you that had the power to hurt you. Emotionally of course.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the club!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facetious)
    Doesn't that mean you care about them then? :confused: I always thought it was only the people closest to you that had the power to hurt you. Emotionally of course.
    Erm, where did I say I don't care about them? Surely the title of this thread shows I do.

ReputationRep:
    do you listen to metal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGC)
    Erm, where did I say I don't care about them? Surely the title of this thread shows I do.
    Then I suppose I just don't understand how you can hate someone you care about :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    For some reason, the title of this thread made me laugh.

Sorry.

Everyone feels like that some of the time? We put a brave face on it, smile, and ask how their weekend was. Then insult them in our heads.

It's not possible to like everyone, or even a majority of people. It is possible to get on with people well enough to make life bearable for all concerned. Things are easier with friends and acquaintances around, even friends you secretly hate.

ReputationRep:
    I feel jealous of most people nowadays which makes me seem incredibly bitter. PM me when you find a solution to your problem, I'm at a loss at what to suggest.

I hate everyone too. We should start a loner club.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.