Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm in my last undergraduate year and i decide to study master. i've received those offers below, but it's really difficult for me to choose. can you give me some helpful advice(life, people, career or phd)? thanks a lot!!!!my major is financial engineering and i want to work in financia industry after grad...

Bristol: Msc finance and investment
    Durham: Msc finance
    Edinburgh: Economics(Finance) a sgpe programme(anyone know about it?)
    Bath: economics and finance

i was rejected by IC...

ReputationRep:
    Only you can answer that question.

ReputationRep:
    you should figure out which course you find more interesting and don't look at ranks as each uni might be great for some fields and mediocre for others.. From the research that I've done I'd pick Durham but as Sacrebleu said it's a very personal matter.....

ReputationRep:
    Yes, picking a university is a personal choice but there are a number of factors that you can consider to help choose. Edinburgh will have the highest course fees and living costs followed by Bristol, but the former has the largest library (of your choices) and the national library of Scotland (legal deposit) is close to the university too, which would supplement the university library. It is also one of the financial centres of Europe, which means you would not necessarily have to move away from the city after you have completed your studies, for example. There are a number of ways to frame your decision (I have received offers from two of the universities you listed, but in a humanities subject), and I am looking at ranking, library size, gender ratio, fees and living costs.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.