Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok I reckon this topic would show up sooner or later (or during May), so I just wanted to ask this slightly outside the context of IB if thats fine :

Ok so I have a math competition coming up, and I'm pretty confident I can qualify, except its one of those things where if you're having a bad day you, the paper will seem much harder than it should be. How could I create an ideal day where my cognition would work at its peak? Or should I just have red-bull before the paper (its only 75 minutes long)? Caffeine doesn't do me any good, and quite frankly I'm not too familiar with what works best for me when it comes to sleep.

Any help would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    You'd probably get more replies if you put this in a more appropriate forum to be honest. It's not like the IB forum is overpopulated.

I doubt red bull is adviseable, especially if Caffeine doesn't do anything for you. Practice might be worth it (I.E. Simulating exam conditions a few times before hand to get used to it; though not too close to the day as exam conditions can induce fatigue).

Your "Ideal conditions" are independent to you; I don't have a clue what they are. I'd suggest sitting down and thinking about when you think best, then trying to make sure said conditions are fulfilled on the day.

ReputationRep:
    Think about the days when you are absolutely fine, follow those daily routines..
    So i mean sleep regularly with eight hours of sleep everyday, eat on time, do a little bit of exercise and continue to practice for your exam! DOn't think about anything and don't let anything affect you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.