Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 A* from Physics and Further Maths as predicted. I have receive offers from Baths and Bristol. I am still waiting for offer from imperial and Southampton.

The problem is all the offer required English Language grade C, whereas I still got D because I have social communication impairment and language disorder. Do anyone know if universities still offer me a place if I did not get the required grade C? If not, what can I do to help?

Anyone know which university is better to study Maths G100?
    Imperial
    Baths
    Bristol
    Southampton

For clearing, which university should be recommended to study Mathematics G100, especially it does not required English Language C.

Why don't you tell your universities about the social communication impairment and language disorder?
    With 3A*s I think that they will be wrong to not accept you. Especially that they know that it's impossible to retake a whole English Language GCSE exam, 3 years later!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have disclosed my disable in the UCAS so all university should know. But most of them required grade C in English Language. I will be retaking exam on this summer on 2010. It was hard for me to obtain grade C. Which university do not required grade C?

Retake the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello4hello)
    Yes, I have disclosed my disable in the UCAS so all university should know. But most of them required grade C in English Language. I will be retaking exam on this summer on 2010. It was hard for me to obtain grade C. Which university do not required grade C?
    As far as I'm aware, every uni has a C in English as a minimum requirement, maybe some of the lesser unis would let you off, but if you want to go to a good uni then you'd need that C. It shows them that you've got the competance to write assignments e.c.t

well i was told if you allready have the offer then they must have looked at tyour grades and given you one anyway! so dont worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boodeny)
    well i was told if you allready have the offer then they must have looked at tyour grades and given you one anyway! so dont worry about it
    Presumably his offers are conditional on the basis of him achieving a C in the GCSE he is sitting in June.

ReputationRep:
    I have not put my grade on the UCAS since I am going to retake again.

Their offer ask me to upload my result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    As far as I'm aware, every uni has a C in English as a minimum requirement, maybe some of the lesser unis would let you off, but if you want to go to a good uni then you'd need that C. It shows them that you've got the competance to write assignments e.c.t
    It is competence and etc..

ReputationRep:
    OP if your unis say they require C at English then that's what they require. Special dispensation in terms of extra time in exams, rest breaks etc can be given when exams are taken to compensate for your circumstances but you'll still need to get the grades.

ReputationRep:
    I was born in UK. The first time on June 2008 when I did my English Language GCSE on AQA, the overall grade was C excluding "Speaking & Listening" which was grade F or G. I have opportunity to remove "Speaking & Listening" off the course in my situation, but AQA asked me to retake the exam again on May and Nov of 2009. All the result were grade D. From now on, is it too late to appeal the result on June 2008?
    Does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is far too late.

ReputationRep:
    Just to be clear, do the offers that you have been given say that you must get a C in GCSE English or are you looking at the minimum course requirements? If they require a C of you, then beyond speaking to them the best you can do is try and get a C, and put down a course which does not require a C as your insurance choice.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.