Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Now I've got a long and complicated story so I am going to try and some it up:

Im a Brit asian, 3 years ago I went of to university to study an analytical subject. During the time I left, me and my siblings knew of my dad cheating on my mom in secret, my mom was going through a very hectic period of depression; made her act like a right looney and she used to say things like I wish you died to me sometimes. Anyways anyways at university, I suffered from depression, going to a good university with other bright people, I had family problems to deal with and on top of that I had to deal with being gay and asian:o: .

I came out in my second year of uni to my good mates there and things began to improve. In my third year I began it being very suicidel and I didnt want to carry on because i knew life would be so difficult in the future, however with the support of my friends and not wanting to let them down, I managed to gain my 2.1( from a 41% secodn year 1st semester-could you believe it). I graduated tried to keep my head above the water, returned back home, me mom had tablets that werre working wonders. Now I only had the problem with being unemployed and my brother and sister messing around with their lives, trying to be a gay man etc etc. Oh btw I fell in love with my friend, I shared everything with him, he in a way controlled me knowing how much i loved him, he loved me but not in tht way...recently Ive become cold to him and he continually asks why i dont text him etc etc as thoiught werre going out... he kissed me first on a night out, these feelings would have never awoken if he didnt do that.

A good few months down the line, I secured a good job, with good benefits, pay and all sorts. Its just a very difficult and demanding career option- actuarial, I have just started and the work is difficult and demanding and the idea of facing so many demanding exams is daunting. I hope I geet through it, a part of me wants to run away. I know I've done well with myself with all the problems etc, I have still struggled and managed to get a good job by the age of 21. Has anyone got any advice on what I should do?

I just wanted a rant and wanted to ask people how can I continue managing. I feel exhasuted and tired...lonely... I have soo many friends but now I am lonely and it makes me sad to omit that... if people see me they see me with a BIG smile but inside sometimes i feel sooo sad and empty

by "eastenders style twisted life"
    you mean you're a gay muslim?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.