Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Me, My Crush and My Mate watch

Announcements

In short, I like this girl, my mate knew about it as I talked to him alot about it, he then hangs out with her behind my back, gets her number etc.

Should i be mad at my mate, i've asked a few people for advice and they sad there is nothing wrong, shes not my gf so she can hang with anyone she wants, and just cos they hanged out doesn't mean they fancy each other. (Thing that pisses me off is that i offered to hang out, very casual stuff, and she rejected it kindly with excuses on two occasions. Along comes my mate and they are hanging out just like that). Where as my mate, they said, seeing as I introduced them two to each other maybe he should of been a bit more honest before hanging out with her, seeing as he knew i liked her.

I don't know what I should do now, just act like everything is fine, obviously i'm not going to tag along with them.

:confused: Sorry if this is confusing, i'm willing to go into more detail.

ReputationRep:
    Well tbh, he should give you a chance to do whatever (which you probably did have), but if she's not interested in you but is in him... c'mon man there's no real point blocking...

That said a good mate would give it a little bit of time...

ReputationRep:
    He should have been more of a man about it, also sounds like she doesn't like you as she wouldn't have rejected the advances.

So in summing up, your friend is a fan dan and the girl is not worth your time.

(Original post by Anonymous)

In short, I like this girl, my mate knew about it as I talked to him alot about it, he then hangs out with her behind my back, gets her number etc.

Should i be mad at my mate, i've asked a few people for advice and they sad there is nothing wrong, shes not my gf so she can hang with anyone she wants, and just cos they hanged out doesn't mean they fancy each other. (Thing that pisses me off is that i offered to hang out, very casual stuff, and she rejected it kindly with excuses on two occasions. Along comes my mate and they are hanging out just like that). Where as my mate, they said, seeing as I introduced them two to each other maybe he should of been a bit more honest before hanging out with her, seeing as he knew i liked her.

I don't know what I should do now, just act like everything is fine, obviously i'm not going to tag along with them.

:confused: Sorry if this is confusing, i'm willing to go into more detail.
    Unfortunatley this happened to me, introduced a friend to my crush, she met up with him and they are now going out. Needless to say I'm not friends with her anymore. Tbh he doesnt sound like a good mate if he's just hanging round with her like that. I'd try and distance yourself from him

ReputationRep:
    she doesnt like you she likes your mate...as tough as it might be dont try to **** block - its illegal

ReputationRep:
    I would not be friends with them any more...What kind of mate or friend is that?? Trying to stay away from that girl will help you getting her off your mind and start fresh new"D
    and it's her lost that she refused u. And if they like each other sure let them go ahead, see how fated they are, if so then congrat them and bye.

ReputationRep:
    Mates that do this and girls that do this should be left alone...trust me they are no Good for you !!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.