Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, just want your opinions on this.
    I have offers to study French and Italian from St Andrews, Bristol, and Liverpool (still waiting on Warwick, but I don't think I want to go there now). I'm going to take St Andrews as a firm, but I'm unsure which to put down as an insurance-both offers are two Bs. Does anyone have any thoughts on which I should choose, and are any of you studying modern languages at these universities?
    Thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Bristol!
    Very highly rated, excellent language departments, lovely city. Can't think of any reasons to pick Liverpool over Bristol actually :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    Definitely Bristol!
    Very highly rated, excellent language departments, lovely city. Can't think of any reasons to pick Liverpool over Bristol actually :erm:
    Neither can I
    Liverpool as a city is cool, but when you can get Bristol, it's like getting clothes from Primark when you can afford Chanel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    Neither can I
    Liverpool as a city is cool, but when you can get Bristol, it's like getting clothes from Primark when you can afford Chanel
    Haha, love the analogy

ReputationRep:
    Haha, love the analogy
    I was gonna go for shoes, first :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    I was gonna go for shoes, first :rofl:
    :laugh:

It's like wearing Wellington boots when you have Jimmy Choos in your closet?

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

It's like wearing Wellington boots when you have Jimmy Choos in your closet?
    Maybe not Wellington, more like flip-flops you get for free in crappy magazines like Closer for summer :p: (I have Hunter wellies and God, they're my fave shoes ever)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much, suppose I was getting more drawn to Liverpool as I'd know the place much better although Bristol would be better for the subject

ReputationRep:
    I'd choose Australia every time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abby-mills)
    I'd choose Australia every time
    Riiiiiight…

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.