Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have woken up this morning with a swollen uvula. Normally this is caused by a night of heavy drinking and smoking. Unfortunately mine has been caused by eating a spicy pizza too close to bed time.

I have some friends coming up from home to see me at uni today. It's been ages since I've seen them and will be ages before they can come up again. I've promised them a big night out. Is it safe for me to drink?

I read online that if I eat some ice cream and drink some water it should be gone in about 8 hours, so I should be ok right?

ReputationRep:
    Dont always believe what you read on Blogspots. Stay away from fizzy and acidic stuff because it could irritate it. Best thing is to just stay off it would be my advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manpie)
    Dont always believe what you read on Blogspots. Stay away from fizzy and acidic stuff because it could irritate it. Best thing is to just stay off it would be my advice.
    It seems to be a fairly established thing. I read it on about 15 different websites, all saying the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ][ceman)
    It seems to be a fairly established thing. I read it on about 15 different websites, all saying the same thing.
    Obviously its the cooling quality they are going for with that tip. All i can say is give it a try and see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ][ceman)
    I have woken up this morning with a swollen uvula. Normally this is caused by a night of heavy drinking and smoking. Unfortunately mine has been caused by eating a spicy pizza too close to bed time.

I have some friends coming up from home to see me at uni today. It's been ages since I've seen them and will be ages before they can come up again. I've promised them a big night out. Is it safe for me to drink?

I read online that if I eat some ice cream and drink some water it should be gone in about 8 hours, so I should be ok right?
    Either give it a go, or have a great night without actually drinking yourself? It's possible!

ReputationRep:
    or phone NHS Direct and speak to an expert?

Instead of asking for help and then throwing it back at people saying "google tells me to do this so your wrong"

ReputationRep:
    go out, enjoy yourself. I would really really seriously doubt your going to make it dangerously bad - just act sensibly - if it starts hurting, then stop, if not, ******* go for it mate*!

*please note this is not recommended medical advice.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by martin101)
    go out, enjoy yourself. I would really really seriously doubt your going to make it dangerously bad - just act sensibly - if it starts hurting, then stop, if not, ******* go for it mate*!

*please note this is not recommended medical advice.
    Theres another st. hughs medic floating this sight btw.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.