Turn on thread page Beta

What do people think of Foals? watch

ReputationRep:
    Buzz band a few years ago, but like all buzz bands have disappeared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Buzz band a few years ago, but like all buzz bands have disappeared.
    Their second album's coming out shortly, and that's what they've been spending their time on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    Their second album's coming out shortly, and that's what they've been spending their time on.
    And the buzz has gone in the meantime.

ReputationRep:
    I've never liked them. Hate the vocals and... most other things actually, to be honest. Vocals in particular though.

ReputationRep:
    I really like them. They're one of the best bands I've seen live, although I think that was more to do with the crowd than the band themselves. It was amazing though.

ReputationRep:
    I like 'Balloons' :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I love them. I've heard most of the new songs and can't wait for their second album. Awesome live band too.

ReputationRep:
    They so two thousand and late.

ReputationRep:
    I like them, have done since 2007. They were awesome live when I saw them last year. Astronauts and All is still my favourite track.

ReputationRep:
    couple of months late, but my favourtie song atm of theirs is total life forever.

love the mad guitar parts.

their not generic indie either

ReputationRep:
    Their second album is the second best album i've heard this year. Only know Cassius from their debut.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait until November!

ReputationRep:
    One of the best live bands I've seen.

And one of the few bands who can change their style quite signifcantly between albums and it still feels right.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't a big fan of Antidotes but Total Life Forever is one of my favourite albums this year

ReputationRep:
    I was listening to Foals today and my dad came in and asked who it was. He then said they sounded like The Wombats! :eek: Weird, weird (and totally wrong) comparison...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I was listening to Foals today and my dad came in and asked who it was. He then said they sounded like The Wombats! :eek: Weird, weird (and totally wrong) comparison...
    Wombats are alright but they are generic indie/alternative...i can't tell the difference between them and pigeon detectives and the holloways!

Anyways, what's everyone's best songs off Antidotes and TLF? Mine are Balloons, Olympic Airways (recently clocked up 200 hits lol), Dearth....and...actually i love the whole album, same with TLF but hooked on Black Gold , TLF and Miami!

Anyone heard Foals Bsides???

ReputationRep:
    I don't think much of them. They're kinda boring and forgettable for me. Not my sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Wombats are alright but they are generic indie/alternative...i can't tell the difference between them and pigeon detectives and the holloways!

Anyways, what's everyone's best songs off Antidotes and TLF? Mine are Balloons, Olympic Airways (recently clocked up 200 hits lol), Dearth....and...actually i love the whole album, same with TLF but hooked on Black Gold , TLF and Miami!

Anyone heard Foals Bsides???
    Big, Big Love (Fig. 2), Miami, Black Gold and Blue Blood.

Also, Astronauts and All, but that's not on either of the albums...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)
    Big, Big Love (Fig. 2), Miami, Black Gold and Blue Blood.

Also, Astronauts and All, but that's not on either of the albums...
    Do you like Foals Bsides? if youve not heard them, youtube some!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Do you like Foals Bsides? if youve not heard them, youtube some!
    Dearth is amazing.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.