Turn on thread page Beta

Applying for finance and it's asking me where I will study… watch

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been accepted for my first choice yet.
    And I'm applying online for student finance and it's asking me where I'll be studying.

Should I leave this blank and wait for a reply from my first choice before sending it off?
    When should this be sent off by ideally?
    Merci

ReputationRep:
    Use your first choice university. You can correct this at a later date if you're not accepted.

Send your forms off as early as possible; the student finance system is slow, and staff have a lot to handle, so the quicker you get your forms in, the earlier your case will be dealt with.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!! Hopefully they'll accept me and I won't have to go and change everything around

ReputationRep:
    Okay sorry to be a pain but I have another question.
    My first choice hasn't set tuition fees for 2010/2011 yet. So do I put the tuition fees from last year in there or what?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenjiButton)
    Okay sorry to be a pain but I have another question.
    My first choice hasn't set tuition fees for 2010/2011 yet. So do I put the tuition fees from last year in there or what?
    Thanks
    Nope; don't do that, or you won't get enough to cover your fees. Which university is your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Nope; don't do that, or you won't get enough to cover your fees. Which university is your first choice?
    St Andrews! Their website said the fees haven't been set yet

ReputationRep:
    I see

In that case, do wait for a bit and keep an eye on that before applying. You'll need to know the exact amount to avoid being underpaid.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot! You've been a wonderful help

ReputationRep:
    No problem at all. Best of luck getting into your chosen uni; and if you have any problems with the finance application once you've found out more, feel free to post here again

ReputationRep:
    alteratively put down the max they can possibly charge - £3290 apply now and use a change of circumstance form if it is lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    alteratively put down the max they can possibly charge - £3290 apply now and use a change of circumstance form if it is lower.
    Scottish Unis always charge less than the maximum though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.