The Student Room Group

losing faith in people... etc, opinions!

just wondering if i'm in the minority here or not, even if i am i don't care but do you ever find yourself somewhere, and you're looking around and just finding yourself realizing that you don't trust any of these people around you, and you genuinely believe that at the end of the day, everyone ONLY cares about themselves. Basically, I've had a really **** week, and last night at the end of it all, my school had a party for 5th and 6th form so i knew everyone there basically. and one of my friends was sitting on the stairs crying because the girl he liked (my other friend) had got with another guy right in front of him - who happened to be our friend too. i spent about half an hour with him, i didn't spin him any **** like 'don't worry, it'll be fine', but i found myself just telling him 'i know this sounds really negative, and i know it's sad but it is true - you cannot trust anyone. and more often than not you can't trust yourself either'. Loads of stuff happened at the party and i was just left feeling really rubbish about everything, i didn't care about my exams, i didn't care about anything, because there's no one yet who's made me think, 'wow you're actually a really genuine person, who says what they believe and sticks by that, and isn't two-faced'. genuinely don't know anyone like that at all.
In before "Cool story Bro"

I didn't really understand the story.

Basically you are saying that your mates are **** because he got with a girl who your other friend liked...and humanity are **** because they didn't comfort your friends and you don't care about exams or life generally because of it.
Yea. Everyone is an ignorant bully but me :smile:
But in all seriouseness, this will pass, and pass fast.
Reply 3
Go live on a secret community on a tropical island somewhere.. pm me.
I don't understand why shouldn't you trust your friends that got together. Their not mind readers how are they supposed to know your other friend liked her.
Reply 5
yeah wow you've realised people suck, congratulations
Reply 6
ok don't bother answering this thread anymore please, didn't word it very well. not really sure what answers i was expecting but anything will be pointless and invaluable, thanks for answering like a prick i'm sure it made your day so much better and worthwhile!
I've felt like this since starting secondary school. You're right people in general don't give a **** about anyone. I'm suprised by how selfish and horrible people are. Not sure if I understand the bit about you friend.

Latest

Trending

Trending