Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically my problem is very low sex drive. I've never had an orgasm, and don't even get the urge to masturbate. I enjoy foreplay and I fantasise, but sex tends to be either boring/uncomfortable/very rarely arousing, and my fantasies seem broken as I move to actual playing. I've spent the last couple of years struggling with stress and depression, but the good patches/times before that haven't/didn't improve things in this area. I'm getting worried as at first I thought it was a self-esteem thing (I was very naive when I lost my virginity and my then boyfriend was a tad vocal about his displeasure in my being unable to orgasm with him).

Now I'm wondering if it's a hormonal/physical problem. What's the likelihood of this/should I go to the doctor?

Not on the pill, by the way (the other threads I've seen on this seem to be about that).

ReputationRep:
    Very few women are able to orgasm through penetration... I know I never have through any form of sexual activities... xD. Sometimes it's just a case of getting to know you're body better. Have you used vibrators? They usually help for this.

About sex being boring... I'm not really sure what to say, sorry =/.

It might be a good idea to go to your doctor if you're worried, it can't hurt and they may be able to help in some way, I'm quite sure it's not that uncommon .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    .....my then boyfriend was a tad vocal about his displeasure in my being unable to orgasm with him).
    That really isnt a good thing for him to be talking about! You can spread all sorts of **** about him from him saying that (should you want to)

As for your low libido, you could talk to your doctor about it if you see it as a big problem, often stress can play a big part in it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.