Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping to Retake both my english Gcse's and my boilogy and phsics gcses.
    I am aiming for a decent university so a B in english is compulsory for my option i achieved a C and a D first time although being predicted 2 b's. For my science i did double award and achieved an A in year 11 and B in year 10, is it possible to just retake the Biology and Physics part of my science gcse for both year 10 and 11.

The reason why am confident that i pull my grade up for science as i am taking a level biology and mechanics so hopefully it should be easy to score high.
    So these retakes shouldn't affect my a level options too much beside it just being more of a pain to the the exams.

ReputationRep:
    I can see why you got a C and D for English. Spelling LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how you did the GCSEs. If they were modular i imagine you can just retake the ones which you got bad marks in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProdigy2k9)
    I can see why you got a C and D for English. Spelling LOL.
    Regardless of your assessment of me I think you should just answer the question or leave the thread with your childish attitude.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the point? Are you trying to get into oxbridge or something? I imagine you can talk to your school to resit exams, but you might have to redo all of them due to the syllabus differences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranticMind)
    Whats the point? Are you trying to get into oxbridge or something? I imagine you can talk to your school to resit exams, but you might have to redo all of them due to the syllabus differences.
    I am trying to get into UCL and Nottingham for a competitive course.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that for most unis it was minimum C in English and Maths. If not, I'm screwed; I only got a C because my school didn't submit any of my coursework!

The best people to talk to are your school or college, they will know a lot more than us. Ever school is different regarding re-takes as well. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puma21)
    I am trying to get into UCL and Nottingham for a competitive course.
    Ok then you are probably best resitting English and Science. What course are you looking at?

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of your assessment of me I think you should just answer the question or leave the thread with your childish attitude.
    All he is saying is you cant expect to get a better grade if you spell like that in exams.
    Ucl is abit high to aim for tbh, people with staight A* at gcse get rejected, and if they have 10 people per place, you will just get a straight rejection im afraid, unless you have stunning statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranticMind)
    Ok then you are probably best resitting English and Science. What course are you looking at?
    I am looking at Economics, hopefully with retakes I boost my 1 A* up to 4 A*. which would improve my chances of getting into a good university provided i get good A levels.

ReputationRep:
    I am looking at Economics, hopefully with retakes I boost my 1 A* up to 4 A*. which would improve my chances of getting into a good university provided i get good A levels.
    Well good luck! I guess you should talk to your teachers about resitting exams.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.