Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Converse-is oneshoelace meant to be shorter than the other? watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but i've bought a pair of converses from Schuh and one of the laces is stupidly shorter than the other, so short that when you thread the shoe properly, it's very difficult to tie a knot.

Meant to be like this, or is it an actual problem?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, this is dumb.

No, it's not meant to be like that

ReputationRep:
    Ermm... RE-LACE THEM! It's not hard to think for yourself

ReputationRep:
    They usually have one lace shorter than the other. Mine are all tied in such a way that you tuck the longer one into the back of the shoe/your sock.

Converses aren't meant to be worn with loopy knots on the front.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know it sounds dumb but take a look at this:

"# If you have wide feet: Use two laces, one shorter than the other. Thread the shorter lace through the eyelets closest to the heel (top), and the longer one through the eyelets closest to the toes (bottom). The top lace should be tied more tightly than the bottom lace.
    # If you have narrow heels and a wide forefoot or narrow feet: Use two laces, one shorter than the other. Thread the shorter lace through the eyelets closest to the toes (bottom), and the longer one through the eyelets closest to the heel (top). Frey suggests that the top lace should be tied more tightly than the bottom lace."

from http://chucksconnection.com/laces.html#fit

-----

But why the f*** would you need one lace shorter than the other? Mind boggles

ReputationRep:
    What? Take them back and get them to give you some new laces if it annoys you that much. I personally changed the laces straight away so never noticed if they actually are like this or not!

(Original post by aliluvschoc)
    They usually have one lace shorter than the other. Mine are all tied in such a way that you tuck the longer one into the back of the shoe/your sock.

Converses aren't meant to be worn with loopy knots on the front.
    Aren't they?

Yet another thing I'm doing wrong. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Aren't they?

Yet another thing I'm doing wrong. :sigh:
    No.... they're not.
    You tire them, pull hte loops through (so that its just a double knot type thing... no lops) and tuck the laces in.
    Also... dont't go tieing up ALLL the way lol... leave one or two or three rows of eyelets with no lace in htem at the top.

ReputationRep:
    are you dumb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)
    are you dumb?
    f*** off

(Original post by tomcuk123)
    No.... they're not.
    You tire them, pull hte loops through (so that its just a double knot type thing... no lops) and tuck the laces in.
    Also... dont't go tieing up ALLL the way lol... leave one or two or three rows of eyelets with no lace in htem at the top.
    I think I've made every possible error in this case. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    1) Converse suck !!
    2) NO ROFL !!

ReputationRep:
    OP I think you should stick to velcro for the time being.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.