Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I would say im a confident and gdlooking person who has a lot of friends, but recently ive been feeling kidna down because i do not have a girlfriend with whom i can share every minute of my life.
    I mean i know many girls, had a few girlfriends in the past and been out on one on ones many times, but i jsut cant seem to find the right person...

I knw many ppl would say tht i should just wait for the right person but im just too sick of this loneliness deeep down.. wat can i really doo??

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you're about 16 or 17, am I right?

Hardly anyone finds the right person that young. Most people don't until their 20s, 30s or even later...

Your expectations are way too high if you're expecting to have already found someone you can 'share every minute of [your] life' with, when you've probably only been interested in girls for a few years.

ReputationRep:
    Man up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I would say im a confident and gdlooking person who has a lot of friends, but recently ive been feeling kidna down because i do not have a girlfriend with whom i can share every minute of my life.
    I mean i know many girls, had a few girlfriends in the past and been out on one on ones many times, but i jsut cant seem to find the right person...

I knw many ppl would say tht i should just wait for the right person but im just too sick of this loneliness deeep down.. wat can i really doo??
    It sounds scary!

(Original post by A_master)
    Man up!
    :rofl: Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    If you're wanting to spend every minute of your life with a girl, that's offputting for a start.

Focus on having fun with your friends, and remember being in a relationship isn't the be all and end all. Until you can say 'I want to be with *person*' rather than 'I just want to be in a relationship', things won't work out for you.

ReputationRep:
    its better not to have found them,
    than to have found them and lost'em

ReputationRep:
    In every problem is an opportunity, in every loss there's a benefit somewhere. I've lost count how many people I've tried to convince of this fact.
    It might be hard, its even harder after 2 years of being in a relationship since i was 16. but you'll get there. Don't believe in the concept of 'the one' who's out there somewhere waiting for you. There are many many people who you could happily spend your life with, the challenge is finding them. You meet some fascinating and wonderful people on the way, but you keep looking and don't settle for less on a permanent basis.

Look at it as a challenge to find one of those people it can work with. I thought I found one, and have a feeling they still are, but thats a complicated situation and another story entirely, the point is, you do find those people. Just get out there and make it happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

This might scare women off a bit. They are people and want their own space. Take it slow. As someone sort of said previously that sentence should read "i want to spent every minute with person x," not "a girlfriend."

Of course no of this applies if you want something more casual but that doesn't sound like what you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by armageddonbride)
    If you're wanting to spend every minute of your life with a girl, that's offputting for a start.

Focus on having fun with your friends, and remember being in a relationship isn't the be all and end all. Until you can say 'I want to be with *person*' rather than 'I just want to be in a relationship', things won't work out for you.
    This.

The more you chase happiness, the further away you get from it. But if you forget about chasing it, and just "go with the flow" so to speak, you'll find happiness a lot quicker than you think

There's a very good quote actually which I always think sums it up perfectly:

"Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder." - Henry David Thoreau

ReputationRep:
    sometimes we complain about boys being too inconsiderate and not taking the L word seriously (love not lesbian). In this case you are, thats ace!

But dont push it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    Indeed.

Patience my friend, don't go looking and they will find you.
    In the mean time hit some.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're far too picky.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    but recently ive been feeling kidna down because i do not have a girlfriend with whom i can share every minute of my life.
    I don't think any girl would want to hear what happens with everything in you're life :p: bore them to death...
    Just go to out loads/do tonnes of stuff (parties, societies etc) and you'll eventually find someone nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    This. Or to have found them but not be good enough for them.

ReputationRep:
    The concept of 'the one' is illogical. The population is ever expanding so I am sure you can find more than just one person!

ReputationRep:
    ...You know I dreamed about you, for 29 years, before I saw you.
    I'll only start worrying when I'm 29 because of that song lyric.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.