Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Hi Guys i just got my ALevel certificates but they got my name wrong!!!Probably cos the school sent it wrong. It was correct for my AS certificates !!
    What should I do? Can I still change it?!
    WIll this cause me to lose my qualification!?Does that mean I need to change my name on all IDs including passport etc??

ReputationRep:
    You probably could change it as it wasn't your fault, just get your school to help you out.

Is it completely wrong i.e. someone else's name?
    Or have they just spelt your first name wrong?

(Original post by lj789)
    Hi Guys i just got my ALevel certificates but they got my name wrong!!!Probably cos the school sent it wrong. It was correct for my AS certificates then the school changed an exam officer, now the new person got my name wrong! What should I do? Can I still change it?!
    Which exam board is it?

(Original post by microfatcat)
    Is it completely wrong i.e. someone else's name?
    Or have they just spelt your first name wrong?
    They add wrong middle name for me which doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    Check it out, but you may have to be re-entered for the exams and do them again.

(Original post by thetopnotch)
    Which exam board is it?
    AQA ,edexcel

(Original post by lj789)
    AQA , WJEC,edexcel
    On their websites AQA (http://web.aqa.org.uk/admin/p_records.php) and Edexcel only mention replacement certificates in terms replacing them if they are lost or damaged. Your best idea might be to go back to your school and speak to the examinations officer there. They will know the correct procedure for this.

(Original post by thetopnotch)
    On their websites AQA (http://web.aqa.org.uk/admin/p_records.php) and Edexcel only mention replacement certificates in terms replacing them if they are lost or damaged. Your best idea might be to go back to your school and speak to the examinations officer there. They will know the correct procedure for this.
    I am just wondering whether i can change the name on replacement certificates - in the worst case - if they won't admit their errors
    Help!! WIll I lose my qualification!? I am so panic now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareramos)
    Check it out, but you may have to be re-entered for the exams and do them again.
    That's such a stupid comment to make :rolleyes:
    Either say something constructive, or nothing at all.

OP - As its a clerical error from your school, they should ebt her ones to correct it. Contact the exams officer ASAP and tell them about the mistake. It's their job to rectify it, as it was their fault. The exam board should then send you the correct certificates. :yep:

(Original post by lj789)
    I am just wondering whether i can change the name on replacement certificates - in the worst case - if they won't admit their errors
    Help!! WIll I lose my qualification!? I am so panic now
    You won't lose your qualifications. Contact your school's examinations office and if they're unhelpful contact the examinations board directly by phone since they will know exactly what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down, someones made an error and you're hardly going to lose your qualifications because of it. As thetopnotch says just get the school to sort it. Stop being so irrational

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!! That means you prolly just don't exist anymore, and all you think is real is just fiction!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneon eeleven you have to come back to a childhood and be born again, so start crawling on the floor and demand carrot puree and a dummy!!!!!! you not only lost your qualifications but your life so far has been rendered invalid!!!!! throw away your passort etc, it's the beginning of a new life now!!!!!!1111oneelevenonehundred eleven

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    That's such a stupid comment to make :rolleyes:
    Either say something constructive, or nothing at all.

OP - As its a clerical error from your school, they should ebt her ones to correct it. Contact the exams officer ASAP and tell them about the mistake. It's their job to rectify it, as it was their fault. The exam board should then send you the correct certificates. :yep:
    No it's not stupid, it's the truth, if your name isn't spelt right on a certificate, you have to do it again, if it can't be sorted out. I've seen letters to schools from exams boards saying that.

Just like to remind you I teach and I know about exam certificates. I'll even phone up one of the guys I work with in Exams, and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lj789)
    Does that mean I need to change my name on passort etc??and inform the university ?!?![/B]
    WHAT? You can't simply change the name on your passport! :p: That would be changing your identity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lj789)
    Hi Guys i just got my ALevel certificates but they got my name wrong!!!Probably cos the school sent it wrong. It was correct for my AS certificates then the school changed an exam officer, now the new person got my name wrong! What should I do? Can I still change it?!
    WIll this cause me to lose my qualification!?Does that mean I need to change my name on passort etc??and inform the university ?!?!
    Yes, use tipex on your passport and write the new name you've been given.

(Original post by Pop_tart)
    WHAT? You can't simply change the name on your passport! :p: That would be changing your identity!
    well~~~it's just an extra Middle name, not that bad
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If it's not your fault then there's blame to be had, make sure you blame the right person and force them to put things right.

(Original post by Manitude)
    If it's not your fault then there's blame to be had, make sure you blame the right person and force them to put things right.
    I've just sent emails to examofficer, and all exam boards involved.....I don't intend to make a fuss but if I can't get this right I will have huge trouble coming up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lj789)
    I've just sent emails to examofficer, and all exam boards involved.....I don't intend to make a fuss but if I can't get this right I will have huge trouble coming up.
    Your main problem is proving that they entered you for the exam, because they've put the middle name, you may have to provide various documentation to prove that the middle name does exist.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.