Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Israeli commander: 'We rewrote the rules of war for Gaza' watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatguy1988)
    If Hamas did not fire rockets and store weapons in civilian weapons the Israeli army would not need to enter those areas.
    I could pull the "I want proof card", but rather I implore you to not listen to the Israeli media or military spokesman, and make your own mind up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatguy1988)
    If Hamas did not fire rockets and store weapons in civilian weapons the Israeli army would not need to enter those areas.
    Do you agree with Israel's use of white phosphorus during the Gaza War?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    by who?
    It depends on who takes charge - time will tell.

If the Isralis and Palastinians can come to a mutual agreement it could be themselves. Equally it could be an external power picking up the pieces.

(Original post by Stalin)
    When compared to WW2, then yes, the Korean War and the Vietnam war do look rather small, however they could've easily escalated into something far worse than WW2 - a nuclear war(i.e the end of humanity).
    ...but it didn't in part due to the threat of mutual annihilation.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palesti...ok_controversy

ReputationRep:
    $150,000 well spent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    ...but it didn't in part due to the threat of mutual annihilation.
    It only takes one old warmongerer, who doesn't have too many years left, to push the button, and had push came to shove, the Cold War would've certainly ended the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george54)
    Justice?

War is not like this. Not with the technology Israel has. They have laser-turrets that can target hamas rockets, they have laser guided missiles that still hammer into schools and hospitals, they have satellite surveillance and fighter jets than can bomb to within centimetres. Sniping children is not war. It is murder.
    YES. Gaza is little more than a ghetto, and Israel is killing civilians like shooting fish in a barrel. Missiles > home made rockets.

ReputationRep:
    Let me ask you something? How many Jews would you believe would agree on a two state solution? Seeing as your atheist, I am guessing you would agree to this? But, when providing the answer please take into account the ration of atheism/other religious to orthodox Jews.

ReputationRep:
    Well... I think this is over.. I'm going to clean the ass-sweat from my computer chair, smoke a victory cigarette, maybe crack open a beer, and masturbate to Tsipi Livni. laterrrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjon123)
    Let me ask you something? How many Jews would you believe would agree on a two state solution? Seeing as your atheist, I am guessing you would agree to this? But, when providing the answer please take into account the ration of atheism/other religious to orthodox Jews.

Honestly? Most of them, if not all. Living there is hell. I'd say the problem with Israel is the split between the secular and the religious Jews. The Jews most likely to reject two states are the ones that don't even recognise Israel, because it was created by man, not by God. These people are fools.

There was an offer of a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza made in 2000-2001, but it was rejected by the Palestinian leadership. Shows they hate Jews more than they love their own people - see the quote in my sig.

ReputationRep:
    $150,000 well spent.

You, Sir, are indeed a very funny man. :p:

(Original post by cardine92)
    YES. Gaza is little more than a ghetto, and Israel is killing civilians like shooting fish in a barrel. Missiles > home made rockets.
    Just to add to "missiles" there - the world's best air-force.

And yet they couldn't "help" bombing everywhere they did, so widely and on schools / hospitals too. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Samrout)
    Well... I think this is over.. I'm going to clean the ass-sweat from my computer chair, smoke a victory cigarette, maybe crack open a beer, and masturbate to Tsipi Livni. laterrrrr
    Have a beer on me bud.

Now we can relax after a job well done! :top2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePearson)
    Honestly? Most of them, if not all. Living there is hell. I'd say the problem with Israel is the split between the secular and the religious Jews. The Jews most likely to reject two states are the ones that don't even recognise Israel, because it was created by man, not by God. These people are fools.

There was an offer of a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza made in 2000-2001, but it was rejected by the Palestinian leadership. Shows they hate Jews more than they love their own people - see the quote in my sig.
    Living there is hell?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It looks like ******* nirvana compared with Gaza mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    And yet they couldn't "help" bombing everywhere they did, so widely and on schools / hospitals too. :rolleyes:
    the same type of schools/hospitals/ambulances etc that have been used plenty of times to attack israel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    You are of course aware that the 'state' of Palestine as an independent territory hasn't existed for hundreds of years yeah?
    Actually just to point out there's never been an indepedent Muslim nation of Palestine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    the same type of schools/hospitals/ambulances etc that have been used plenty of times to attack israel?
    No actually mate, these were a different type - the type used to educate and look after the sick. PROVEN to be free of militants and weapons.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by manwithaplan)
    Actually just to point out there's never been an indepedent Muslim nation of Palestine.
    Yeah I realised this shortly after posting :p:. I just meant it hasn't been anything resembling a free nation or unclaimed area etc for a very long time :ninja:.

ReputationRep:
    Living there is hell?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It looks like ******* nirvana compared with Gaza mate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRz3n...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCJAIkI11P0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cERo8...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MI90Ar2wfg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM-Qta_NBhE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePearson)
    I repeat, it looks like ******* nirvana compared with gaza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZaG96pnnEQ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    youre a very funny guy
    He may be so, but on this occasion seems to be quite spot on

ReputationRep:
    I repeat, it looks like ******* nirvana compared with gaza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZaG96pnnEQ
    Israel targets terrorists. Hamas targets civilians.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.