Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Israeli commander: 'We rewrote the rules of war for Gaza' Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samrout)
    Also, stop with the branding of the Hamas militants as "terrorists". Would you be a terrorist if an army invaded here and you stood up to fight them ?
    Please, learn what terrorism is before talking about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    Tell me what terrorism is. Is it not terrorism when you collectively punish a whole nation for the acts of a few? Is it not terrorism to go completely against human morals and dignity and kill innocent civilians? Is it not terrorism to ignore several United Nations resolutions, use illegal weaponry and still be considered a peaceful nation?

I beg you tell me what terrorism is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straightpath)
    Tell me what terrorism is. Is it not terrorism when you collectively punish a whole nation for the acts of a few? Is it not terrorism to go completely against human morals and dignity and kill innocent civilians? Is it not terrorism to ignore several United Nations resolutions, use illegal weaponry and still be considered a peaceful nation?

Terrorism funnily enough is trying to inspire terror in one's enemies, as a force multiplier. The Israeli army does not need a force multiplier it dominates the Middle East already, and it's actions are based on rational objectives rather than emotive publicity.

ReputationRep:

Terrorism - the deliberate targeting of civilians in order to achieve a political objective through fear.

You can call Israel a terrorist state if you like.. I don't really value your opinion. I just think that to say that Hamas can't be terrorists because they are fighting an invading force, or whatever you want to call it, is wrong, and when people make mistakes they should be corrected.

amirite?

ReputationRep:
    i just wish everyone who is defending israel can be in the position of a Palestinian to see how much they are suffering.

What if this was iran and they were treating a bunch of defenseless jews like this, taking land that does not belong to them, would countries like america just stand there, i think not.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I see these Israel-Palestine debates I always find the Israeli bloc bashing Hamas........okay so what about the majority of the casualties in the massacre as someone aptly put it earlier in the post, the civilians, why were they killed??and also anyone who denies that Israel constantly breaks the rules of engagement in battle is either extremely naive or just biased towards Israel.

ReputationRep:

Is it just me or is more and more evidence beginning to come out of the atrocities that are reported to have happened last year in Gaza, which Israel always denies?
    I think they should leave paul gascoigne alone...sure he's past his best, but he was an inspiration to many a young footballer including me

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me with some evidence whether the Israeli massacre on Gaza has led to a decrease in rocket attacks and suicide bombings in Israel?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    Can anyone tell me with some evidence whether the Israeli massacre on Gaza has led to a decrease in rocket attacks and suicide bombings in Israel?????
    I want to know this too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    I want to know this too
    The Israeli OPERATION in Gaza has led to a decrease, although there are still rockets being fired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samrout)
    Why do you take the word of these liars that the Hamas militants were taking shelter in schools? I bet they were taking shelter in the only flour mill in Gaza :rolleyes:

Also, stop with the branding of the Hamas militants as "terrorists". Would you be a terrorist if an army invaded here and you stood up to fight them ?
    If I went around killing innocent citizens and calling for the destruction of a state because it was based on a culture I hated, yes, I ******* well would be branded as a ******* terrorist.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get this info from? And watch your language, I assume your no longer a little school kid swearing for attention.

What do you have to say then about Isreal killing over 1000 civilians in its offense on Gaza. I swear Hamas have only killed about 10 Israeli civilians in how many years?
    13,000 Israelis were killed by Palestinians between 1948 and 1996.

7,200 rockets have been launched at Israel since 2005. During 2008, there were 1755 mortars shells, 1720 Qassams rockets, and 75 Grad missiles launched at Israel.

Today, over 950,000 Israelis live within range of rocket and mortar attacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePearson)
    The Israeli OPERATION in Gaza has led to a decrease, although there are still rockets being fired.
    Any non-biased sources that give evidence of this 'decrease'???

Although, if rockets are still being fired anyway then it obviously shows that the Gaza MASSACRE ( ) was a failure since the aim of the operation was to stop the firing of rockets.

Therefore, this shows that Israel committed war crimes for no successful outcome. So they killed thousands of innocent people and also risked the lives of their own soldiers for little success. WELL DONE ISRAEL! :clap2:

Obviously the West isn't ever going to punish Israel. Israel is now the only country that is immune from all punishments and is allowed to do as it pleases.

Meanwhile, Iran is not allowed to get Uranium because it is a supposed 'threat' according to the US and Poodle leaders of Europe. Oh how I love the hypocrisy of this world :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter - I know that it's probably the most clichéd phrase in the world but it's still relevant to this particular issue.

You can't brand Hamas as a bunch of terrorists and the IDF as saints without looking at the wider picture.

They're both fighting one another because according to them the land is theirs, so in a sense, if you're going to brand Hamas as terrorists then Israel is no different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    Any non-biased sources that give evidence of this 'decrease'???

Although, if rockets are still being fired anyway then it obviously shows that the Gaza MASSACRE ( ) was a failure since the aim of the operation was to stop the firing of rockets.

Therefore, this shows that Israel committed war crimes for no successful outcome. So they killed thousands of innocent people and also risked the lives of their own soldiers for little success. WELL DONE ISRAEL! :clap2:

Obviously the West isn't ever going to punish Israel. Israel is now the only country that is immune from all punishments and is allowed to do as it pleases.

Meanwhile, Iran is not allowed to get Uranium because it is a supposed 'threat' according to the US and Poodle leaders of Europe. Oh how I love the hypocrisy of this world :rolleyes:
    Not even going to bother replying, people like you really piss me off.

ReputationRep:

7,200 rockets have been launched at Israel since 2005. During 2008, there were 1755 mortars shells, 1720 Qassams rockets, and 75 Grad missiles launched at Israel.

Today, everyone in the Middle East lives within range of an Israeli nuclear weapon, war ships, war planes, armed soldiers, secret service agents, tanks and missiles.

somehow, what Israel has seems to be more of a threat to the Middle East than what the Palestinians have

So bro, how many did they kill? :rofl:.

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to see how more and more people are starting to become more sympathetic towards the Palestinian cause. I guess now the anti-terror hubbub of post-911 has died down people are beginning to see more clearly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    So bro, how many did they kill? :rofl:.
    :rofl: Oh death is just hilarious, ain't it?

Honestly, I don't know. Go and find out yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    Today, everyone in the Middle East lives within range of an Israeli nuclear weapon, war ships, war planes, armed soldiers, secret service agents, tanks and missiles.

somehow, what Israel has seems to be more of a threat to the Middle East than what the Palestinians have
    And Iranian nukes. :woo:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.