Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straightpath)
    As for your first point, 13,000 in that 48 year period is really trivial, considering the many wars israel immediately engaged in with its neigbhours.
    Neighbours just as committed to its destruction as Hamas are. We'd be foolish not to respond.

Second point - how many did israelis did these rockets kill? You can't counter the first figure that I said, which is about 10.
    Fine, 10. But many lives were saved thanks to bomb shelters and early warning systems. You people seem to forget that the IDF have intercepted so many terrorist attacks, that if they didn't, the death toll on the Israeli side would be more than the opposite side.

Third point - 950,000 Israelis may live within rocket range (which I don't even know is true, I'm just assuming that you're telling the truth), that's less than 10% of the Israeli population. 100% of the WHOLE middle east lies within Israels reach. Kinda ironic if you think about it.
    Israel is a democratic country where the majority, and certainly the leaders, strive for peace.

Also, thought you might like to take a look at this pic, and let me know your opinion:

********. There was no population count at that time! The UN set up the partition based on the people that inhabited the land. Pic 1 should look more like pic 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePearson)
    The rest of the governments who disagree? Who's that then? Egypt? Syria? Saudi Arabia?
    Erm no. Britain, Ireland, most European countries, Canada, the EU as an organisation. But no, these countries are all jokes because they don't support Israeli aggression. :rolleyes:

Not illegal. It's a recognised state (recognised by democracies anyway). And we were acting in self defence, targeting known terrorist buildings and operatives.
    Not illegal within your borders. You crossed those and have settlements well beyond what is legal according to the UN (63 resolutions, not just the odd one or two)!

And any bomb you explode or bullet you fire in these illegally occupied territories is an illegal act of war in land you don't have any sovereignty over. And will you quit using the word terrorist. :rolleyes: It has become synonymous with "person I dislike and want to kill".

Yes. Shame Ghandi was a bit of a fool in some senses though.
    Yeah well according to you, anybody who doesn't love Israel to bits is a fool (and terrorist).

Israel is not an apartheid state.
    HA! :rofl: :giggle:

:rolleyes:

(Original post by george54)
    Are you being paid by the IDF? I get the feeling sometimes that people like you must be employed to spread Israeli propaganda... it just that there isn't really much debate any more y'know? You'd have to be clinically insane right now to support Israel with the loyalty you seem to possess... it just doesn't make sense.

I always wonder what people like you would think if you actually saw the things the IDF have done - whether or not it would compound your stubbornness or the exposure would in fact open your eyes.

Sorry for the personal attack, but you just don't seem, well, human.
    He probably is being paid:
    http://afpakwar.com/blog/archives/1139

See what i mean? Saying that Ghandi was a bit of a fool. You just don't add up mate, it's like your brainwashed. Someone could provide you with the best evidence there was, slap you in the face with it and you would still argue.
    He is heavily brainwashed, it's quite obvious. He lacks even a drop of humanitarian blood and frankly, the world would be a much better place without such people.

ReputationRep:
    But iv'e been to both, and Israel looks pretty nice to me. Palestine... I don't know... it just didn't have the same atmosphere if I'm honest, what with all the bulldozers and that.

And don't be sorry mate, not yet. I'd like you to truly realize the error of your ways, then apologise.
    I'm not going to apologise for being Jewish.

And I've always thought the atmosphere was odd, what with all the men with machine guns in green bandanas with dynamite strapped round their waist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)

HA! :rofl: :giggle:

:rolleyes:
    And this is why I think you people are fools. Tell me why Israel is an apartheid state then? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

Only the US and Australian governments class Hamas as a terrorist organisation... oh and Israel. :rolleyes: The far greater majority of world governments do not class the democratically elected Hamas as a terrorist organisation.
    And the EU. And Japan. And Canada.

And look at the UN partition order defining Israel's borders, and look at the State today. The UN has 63 resolutions against Israel for breaching its borders but their troops are still in Palestinian land, shooting their people (PLO etc.) and crippling their economy. Amnesty International also released reports about Israeli water-torture and widespread destruction of civilian houses by their military: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6891154.ece

So to sum it up: yes, they are fighting an invading, imperialist and hugely aggressive force; and so you are not right.
    Why are you bringing up Israel? The classification of Hamas as a terrorist group has nothing to do with the actions of Israel. Terrorism refers to the tactic of deliberately targeting civilians for political gain. What Israel does is irrelevant.

Today, the whole Middle-East and much of North Africa as well as some of Asia lives within range of illegal Israeli nuclear weapons.

Tell me, who poses the greater threat?
    Given that the Middle East is still there, and Israel hasn't been involved in an inter-state war since '73, haven't the nuclear weapons stabilised the region? I think they have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    Terrorism refers to the methods employed, not the overall aims.

And I don't care whether or not Israel is a terrorist state. That's irrelevant.
    What about white phosphorus, using Palestinian civilians as human shields or even shooting water tanks?

Wouldn't that be under terrorism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samrout)
    Could you please clarify what you disagree with?
    How the person defined the word 'terrorist'.

ReputationRep:
    And this is why I think you people are fools. Tell me why Israel is an apartheid state then? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

And I've always thought the atmosphere was odd, what with all the men with machine guns in green bandanas with dynamite strapped round their waist.

That looks like every member of the 1.5 million Palestinian population living in Gaza. NAAAT

ReputationRep:

Yeah, I'm sure people walk around Gaza with all that on - waiting to get into Israel (past the security forces) so they can detonate the bombs.

You're actually making me laugh now this is so funny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    What about white phosphorus, using Palestinian civilians as human shields or even shooting water tanks?

Wouldn't that be under terrorism?
    Either you can't read, or you just don't have any other arguments, so I'll spell this out for you.

IF YOU WISH TO CLASS ISRAEL AS A TERRORIST STATE, DO SO. I DON'T CARE.

What Israel does or doesn't do is irrelevant in classing Hamas as a terrorist organisation. Do you get it yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Many countries in the area have a law of return for Muslims - including the Palestinian Authority. In fact, Jordan specifically has a law preventing Jews from becoming citizens.

So before you lambaste the policies of the Israeli government, look at the fanatical regimes elsewhere. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    This, plus the wall:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm sure people walk around Gaza with all that one - waiting to get into Israel (passed the security forces) so they can detonate the bombs.

You're actually making me laugh now this is so funny!
    Nah, they do this **** for the cameras and to gain support.

To get past the security, they dress women up as pregnant, although the "baby" in this case is usually a **** load of explosives.

Luckily we have the security. In fact, the West Bank Barrier has brought suicide bombings down to a grand total of 0.

ReputationRep:
    Are we done here? I think Pearson has run out of bull ****

ReputationRep:
    This, plus the wall:

http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/cgi-b..._wall39774.jpg
    Which has reduced suicide bombings to the grand total of.......... 0! :woo:

Or would you prefer the bombings to continue?

ReputationRep:
    Many countries in the area have a law of return for Muslims - including the Palestinian Authority. In fact, Jordan specifically has a law preventing Jews from becoming citizens.

So before you lambaste the policies of the Israeli government, look at the fanatical regimes elsewhere. :rolleyes:
    OOOHHHhhh i love this tactic! This is where you try and justify acts of extreme terror because, well, someone else does it worse! hehe! dude, you guys have like, millions to go before you as bad as hitler! and thats virus - whats it called... malaria! Israel has killed nowhere near as many as malaria!

EDIT: apologies, malaria is not a virus - it a plasmodium... i think. maybe thats TB. hmmmm im a bad med applicant haha.

ReputationRep:
    Which has reduced suicide bombings to the grand total of.......... 0! :woo:

Or would you prefer the bombings to continue?
    You're replacing me as head Zionist :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samrout)
    Are we done here? I think Pearson has run out of bull ****
    Plenty more to come. :p:

Seeing as all you've said all night is single sentences on the evil Joos, care to stop talking bull **** yourself and say something constructive?

ReputationRep:
    This, plus the wall:

Given that the wall has prevented almost every suicide attack since its construction and also saved the lives of Palestinians from retaliatory attacks from Israel, don't you agree in principle that the wall serves a greater good, other than it's placement, which is a contentious issue.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.