The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

george54
OOOHHHhhh i love this tactic! This is where you try and justify acts of extreme terror because, well, someone else does it worse! hehe! dude, you guys have like, millions to go before you as bad as hitler! and thats virus - whats it called... malaria! Israel has killed nowhere near as many as malaria!

No, this is where you completely ignore the ever so valid point I just made and talk a load of nonsense! :woo:

Now, please, criticise the other regimes for being apartheid. Go on.

A Saudi road sign.
Reply 101
ForeverIsMyName
Given that the wall has prevented almost every suicide attack since its construction and also saved the lives of Palestinians from retaliatory attacks from Israel, don't you agree in principle that the wall serves a greater good, other than it's placement, which is a contentious issue.

Erm, don't know what era your from mate, but nowadays, some of the very latest fighter jets can fly above 50 feet.
ForeverIsMyName
Either you can't read, or you just don't have any other arguments, so I'll spell this out for you.

IF YOU WISH TO CLASS ISRAEL AS A TERRORIST STATE, DO SO. I DON'T CARE.

What Israel does or doesn't do is irrelevant in classing Hamas as a terrorist organisation. Do you get it yet?

I actually don't understand your point. So you agree that Israel may be a terrorist state, as long as Hamas isn't overlooked?

How can you even put Israel and Hamas in the same boat, they are numerically and physically worlds apart. Explain!
ForeverIsMyName
Either you can't read, or you just don't have any other arguments, so I'll spell this out for you.

IF YOU WISH TO CLASS ISRAEL AS A TERRORIST STATE, DO SO. I DON'T CARE.

What Israel does or doesn't do is irrelevant in classing Hamas as a terrorist organisation. Do you get it yet?

You don't care? Hm, I can see this discussion collapsing within a few minutes.

Let's class both the Israeli government and Hamas as terrorist organisations then shall we - would you be alright with that?
Reply 104
I'd rather criticise Israel thanks, it's easier, what with all the massacres and that.
PeeWeeDan
You're replacing me as head Zionist :mad:

Ah let's be a team. Someone needs to show these people what really goes on.
george54
Erm, don't know what era your from mate, but nowadays, some of the very latest fighter jets can fly above 50 feet.

What does the word 'retaliatory' mean?
Reply 107
The same PA that is under the control of Israel?

But Jews have never controlled or constituted a large minority in Jordan so I don't see what they're returning to.

In other words, don't comment on Israeli policy?
george54
I'd rather criticise Israel thanks, it's easier, what with all the massacres and that.

Easy to just designate war as a massacre, therefore those who win wars are always committing massacres. However perhaps you should blame the wside which is causing the wars(Eg. Palestinian militant groups such as Hamas) rather than the side which is trying to minimize civilian casualties in a very difficult situation.
Sakujo
The same PA that is under the control of Israel?

No, the PA that takes the role of the Israeli military in the West Bank.

Sakujo
But Jews have never controlled or constituted a large minority in Jordan so I don't see what they're returning to.

Still racist. Still apartheid.

Sakujo
In other words, don't comment on Israeli policy?

Comment all you want, just don't limit it to Israel.
Reply 110
Israeli logic... :facepalm:

Another parallel issue:

Some black people who wear white shoes occasionally are murderers; killing all black people who have ever worn white shoes will stop all black-person-wearing-white-shoes murders against anybody else.

Is that an agreeable thing to do then? :rolleyes:

You're literally justifying the oppression of an entire population on these petty grounds.

ForeverIsMyName
Given that the wall has prevented almost every suicide attack since its construction and also saved the lives of Palestinians from retaliatory attacks from Israel, don't you agree in principle that the wall serves a greater good, other than it's placement, which is a contentious issue.

OK. Yes, it would be a good thing in principle, if it was around Israel's territory (which is less than half what they currently occupy) and Israel did not use it to humiliate the 100s of 1000s of innocent Palestinians who have to cross through their intentionally slow check-points several times a day, send troops across to terrorise the population and shoot at its rain-collectors, subject them to water-torture (according to Amnesty International) and generally have a heavy hostile presence in land which is not there.

Then, it would be OK but it is nothing like this in reality, hence why it is an apartheid regime.

Oh, and a source for what I said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/world_agenda/article6891154.ece

Samrout
Are we done here? I think Pearson has run out of bull ****

Since he's probably being paid to do this, I doubt he'll be stopping any time soon. (I hope he doesn't though, he's really worth the laugh). :wink:
Stalin
You don't care? Hm, I can see this discussion collapsing within a few minutes.

Let's class both the Israeli government and Hamas as terrorist organisations then shall we - would you be alright with that?

You can if you like. I don't really know the Israel/Palestine conflict well enough to say. Do you have any examples of the Israeli government targeting civilians to fulfil a political aim? I can't really. I don't think Israel attacks the pali civilians for any specific purpose.
Gosh! Was that other dude right? Does Israel actually pay people like you to post on forums like these?

It seemed far fetched when he mentioned it, but after reading the article he posted (http://afpakwar.com/blog/archives/1139) it seemed an actual possibility :eek:

Please elaborate, although if its true I doubt you'll admit it :frown:
Reply 113
:rofl:

You do realise what that is? It's a road sign to Mecca. A place where non-Muslims haven't lived for over a thousand years and is considered holy to Muslims. It's not comparable to the land of Palestine, where Arabs had lived for over a thousand years then Zionist settlers displaced them or to the Law of Return.
Reply 114
PeeWeeDan
Easy to just designate war as a massacre, therefore those who win wars are always committing massacres. However perhaps you should blame the wside which is causing the wars(Eg. Palestinian militant groups such as Hamas) rather than the side which is trying to minimize civilian casualties in a very difficult situation.

My friend, war and massacre - to most of those outside the IDF anyway - have two very different meanings.

And unless you've been living in a cave the last few days, you would know that Israel has done anything but try and reduce the number of civilian casualties.
Straightpath
Gosh! Was that other dude right? Does Israel actually pay people like you to post on forums like these?

It seemed far fetched when he mentioned it, but after reading the article he posted (http://afpakwar.com/blog/archives/1139) it seemed an actual possibility :eek:

Please elaborate, although if its true I doubt you'll admit it :frown:

The only people that have ever paid me are the owners of a fine pub in an English seaside resort.

Spoiler

george54
My friend, war and massacre - to most of those outside the IDF anyway - have two very different meanings.

And unless you've been living in a cave the last few days, you would know that Israel has done anything but try and reduce the number of civilian casualties.

Calling civilian homes, dropping leaflets, limiting the use of fire power... youtube what Richard Kemp said of Operation Cast Lead. Only after you have done this will I bother to properly debate you on the topic(and win, because I am smarter and more informed than you) because I don't waste much time on, nor do I tolerate, idiocy.
Reply 117
george54
I think your lying.

I also think that they don't want to kill your family, I think they'd rather have their houses back.

I also think that your sob stories may have more effect being told to someone who hasn't visited the home (check that; tent) of a family who's 7 year old son was sniped for throwing a rock at the tank that bulldozed through his home, and, coincidentally, his granddad.

This.
Straightpath
I actually don't understand your point. So you agree that Israel may be a terrorist state, as long as Hamas isn't overlooked?

How can you even put Israel and Hamas in the same boat, they are numerically and physically worlds apart. Explain!

*sigh*

terrorist refers to the methods of fighting the enemy. hamas are terrorists, the israeli government might be a terrorist organisation, but you can't use what israel does as any kind of reason to not class hamas as a terrorist organisation.
Reply 119
Not the jews my friend, the Zionists. Those are the evil turds who give the human race a bad name.

You want something constructive?

Straightpath
Is it just me or is more and more evidence beginning to come out of the atrocities that are reported to have happened last year in Gaza, which Israel always denies?

Nope, its not just you, I see it too.

:biggrin:

I see it in the way that Israel knew full well the consequences of their actions, by ignoring Ban Ki Moon's wishes for a ceasefire. Why did Israel continue to bomb heavily populated areas? Why did an IDF jet bomb the only flour mill in the Gaza strip? Why did Israel give figures concerning dead Palestinians, different to that of the U.N? Why did Israel ban Arab parties from running for office? Why did Israel cut off water supplies to Gaza?

Please answer the above unanswered questions Mr Pearson, and Ta-Daaaa you have before you a constructive post.

Latest

Trending

Trending